The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Boras clients wait for FA. But then, Wieters picked up the phone one night and told Boras to get it done because he wanted to be signed.

Weiters was not a FA. He would have had to wait and get re-drafted. Weiters may not extend when it comes to that point. All the more reason to let him start the season in Norfolk.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Projected line-up (note: Order subject to change):

1. B-Rob 2B

2. Adam Jones CF

3. Nick Markakis RF

4. Mark Teixeira 1B

5. Aubrey Huff DH

6. Matt Wieters C

7. Luke Scott LF

8. Melvin Mora 3B

9. Cesar Izturis SS

Tell me that's not disgusting... :D

Maybe it's just me, because I'm a big Mora fan, but seeing him hit 8th in that lineup is one of the most impressive things about it. A 100 RBI guy in the 8 hole, that's nice. Too bad the pitching will be terrible. Also, let's not count our chickens before they hatch.;)

Maybe it's just me, because I'm a big Mora fan, but seeing him hit 8th in that lineup is one of the most impressive things about it. A 100 RBI guy in the 8 hole, that's nice. Too bad the pitching will be terrible. Also, let's not count our chickens before they hatch.;)

You make a good point. At least early in the season, I would keep Mora at the 2 spot and leave Jones down lower until his plate discipline improves.

1. B-Rob 2B

2. Adam Jones CF

3. Nick Markakis RF

4. Mark Teixeira 1B

5. Aubrey Huff DH

6. Matt Wieters C

7. Luke Scott LF

8. Melvin Mora 3B

9. Cesar Izturis SS

That is pretty good... now our pitching rotation:

1. Guthrie

2. Me

3. My little brother

4. My little sister

5. My mom

Oh, I am not counting any chickens yet, just trying to stir up some conversation :)

It's just that looking at what our lineup could be on a nightly basis is exciting!

Problem is...what if Tex really doesn't want to play here? What if Boras is just keeping this going because he can raise the contract amount on Boston?

I think if Tex didn't want to play here, we would not even be in this thing for this long. I can imagine him being torn to play for an immediate winner or play for the team that he has loved all his life. The way he felt about the Orioles while growing up is no different then the way we all feel about them. Obviously, he is now is a different place, but it's hard to believe those feelings go away. It's not like a toy and when you get bigger, you stop playing with them. This team was probably his passion as a sports fan. That's something that never goes away.

That's something I always thought about. If I were a pro athlete and I had a chance to play for my favorite team, I'd be all over it...even if it were for one year and 10 million less than a hated rival.

Just doesnt make sense, but I guess money has a way of changing your heart

That's something I always thought about. If I were a pro athlete and I had a chance to play for my favorite team, I'd be all over it...even if it were for one year and 10 million less than a hated rival.

I think once you get in the league and play for other teams it changes perceptions too.

Problem is...what if Tex really doesn't want to play here? What if Boras is just keeping this going because he can raise the contract amount on Boston?

What kinda bugs me about the possibility of this going on, is that PA or his sons if they are in control of the team, won't wanna deal with Boras when it comes time to talk extension for Wieters, if he turns out to be the player people think he'll be.

I think it work the same in any industry, though. Once something becomes your job and you see how things actually work behind the scenes, the luster you once saw begins to fade.

This is why I respect guys like Rickey Henderson who hang on as long as they possibly can, even in the minors and independents. What drives them is nothing but the love of the game that got them there in the first place.

If we don't get Tex, I hope we drive up the bidding so high that those SOBs will have to put in 10 more rows of seats above the Green Monster to afford him.

1. B-Rob 2B

2. Adam Jones CF

3. Nick Markakis RF

4. Mark Teixeira 1B

5. Aubrey Huff DH

6. Matt Wieters C

7. Luke Scott LF

8. Melvin Mora 3B

9. Cesar Izturis SS

Wieters won't be in the lineup opening day and he won't make it as high as 6th until maybe September

And Mora and Jones should be switched until Mora declines and/or Jones gets hot

Archived