The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SportsCenter 5's Mike Lynch reported that team owner John Henry, CEO Larry Lucchino and General Manager Theo Epstein were in Texas Thursday evening meeting with Teixeira's agent Scott Boras.

Lynch reported the Red Sox were offering an 8-year contract with an annual salary of $23 million.

The Red Sox were hoping to close the deal Thursday night or Friday morning, Lynch said.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/18311921/detail.html

Wow...Textalk sure is dying down, isn't it. Kinda makes one wonder.... :scratchchinhmm:

I kind of like it that way. I think the next question is which scenario will produce a more epic thread. Tex Signs with the O's or Tex Signs with someone else?

Would Adam Dunn be a nice consilation prize if we can't sign Tex?:)[/QUOTe]

As I've said before, what makes you think MacPhail and Angelos will spend the money on Dunn and why would Dunn want to come here when he'll have several options that are more attractive than the Orioles?

That's the way you get your man and close the deal. It's being reported and I am just saying reported that the Boston big wigs went to him in Texas to get this deal done. If true PA and AM need to take notes. If they do sign him, I hope we can move on and sign a couple decent pitchers, decent vet catcher and possibly Dunn if we have interest. Wow:angryfire:

Archived