The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess we will see if we really get a final chance and if Tex really has an interest in coming here. I think we MIGHT be willing to match or slightly beat that deal Maybe 9/200? or 8/190. Sounds like we will find out soon. What's with the meeting in Texas?

Why are Larry and Theo down in Texas with Boras while Angelos and AM are in the warehouse?

If the Sox went to Boras, should we assume that the other teams (including AM etc) are down there too?

That's a big assumption. Isn't Brian Cashman in Texas right now too?

:(

That sucks.

If the O's offer is 7/150, why not go 8/175. If Teixeira decides to walk at least we offered him the same amount of years for about $1 Million less per season. If he walks from that offer then he was never going to be an Oriole. We can then stop putting the blame on the front office as that was a solid and consistant offer.

Well I guess we will see if we really get a final chance and if Tex really has an interest in coming here. I think we MIGHT be willing to match or slightly beat that deal Maybe 9/200? or 8/190. Sounds like we will find out soon. What's with the meeting in Texas?

One would think if they are in tex sealing the deal there will be no final offer from the Orioles. They probably won't even have the chance to offer one.

If the O's offer is 7/150, why not go 8/175. If Teixeira decides to walk at least we offered him the same amount of years for about $1 Million less per season. If he walks from that offer then he was never going to be an Oriole. We can then stop putting the blame on the front office as that was a solid and consistant offer.

8/175 is less than 8/184

That's pretty much bad news.

I guess we'll prepare to hate Tex for the next 8 years...

Mark Teixeira will be #1 on Baltimore's most hated list.

I wouldn't look at it that way. I would turn your emotions toward PA first, then AM. You got to ante up and it looks like they are not. No salary cap in BB and if you want to play with the big boys you have to pay like they do.

Why are Larry and Theo down in Texas with Boras while Angelos and AM are in the warehouse?

If the Sox went to Boras, should we assume that the other teams (including AM etc) are down there too?

Why? Because they know what they are doing and are probably putting the finishing touches on the deal.

Why aren't we there? Because we gave our best effort and lost I guess. I just hope if we did get beat out that our offer comes out in the media.

That's pretty much bad news.

I guess we'll prepare to hate Tex for the next 8 years...

Mark Teixeira will be #1 on Baltimore's most hated list.

Not likely. Fenway South will be packed with Sux fans. Be prepared to hear a healthy roar from Eutaw Street whenever Tex hits a walkoff.

God, I hate this frakkin' team at times.

Archived