Baltimore Intrigued With Cano.

Can_of_corn

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Well, he did say they were talking to his agent. 

I feel like everyone is ignoring the fact that he never issued a correction about his insanely wrong Stowers "BREAKING" news. That was wrong the very same day. Like within hours. That's reason enough to never give this guy the time of day again. I'm kind of shocked this is a conversation at all. You HAVE to issue a correction about something like that, or your credibility is shot IMO. 

Why are you getting so bent about this? It's certainly your right but in the grand scheme of things it's really nothing.

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Why are you getting so bent about this? It's certainly your right but in the grand scheme of things it's really nothing.

I've said my piece on it. I just don't think the OH should entertain bunk sources like this, and I feel strongly about that. That's all. 

And I just don't understand how the Stowers thing is being ignored. Feels like I'm taking crazy pills. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

I've said my piece on it. I just don't think the OH should entertain bunk sources like this, and I feel strongly about that. That's all. 

And I just don't understand how the Stowers thing is being ignored. Feels like I'm taking crazy pills. 

I mean, I respect your opinion but the real news makes errors in reporting and nobody bats an eye most of the time. 

I hold sports reporters to a pretty low standard I guess...most of the time I don't care what they say. Anyhow, I wasn't trying to be jerky or anything.

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

Kinda agreeing with you on that one.

Yea, it's a sketchy source, a number of us have said as much.

But no one other than you is taking it very seriously.

We are talking about maybe replacing one finished ML vet playing for the minimum with another.  It isn't worth getting your dander up for.

38 minutes ago, interloper said:

Well, he did say they were talking to his agent. 

I feel like everyone is ignoring the fact that he never issued a correction about his insanely wrong Stowers "BREAKING" news. That was wrong the very same day. Like within hours. That's reason enough to never give this guy the time of day again. I'm kind of shocked this is a conversation at all. You HAVE to issue a correction about something like that, or your credibility is shot IMO. 

Well, I never saw the Stowers thing so it didn’t make an impression on me.   I agree that’s pretty egregious but for me the reason I ignored it is I never heard about it until now.   

In any event, to me reporting that the O’s were talking to his agent is not inconsistent with him signing with the Padres.   If he’d reported that a deal with the O’s was happening or imminent that would be a different story.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

I mean, I respect your opinion but the real news makes errors in reporting and nobody bats an eye most of the time. 

I hold sports reporters to a pretty low standard I guess...most of the time I don't care what they say. Anyhow, I wasn't trying to be jerky or anything.

Yeah I know you weren't, it's all good. I'm admittedly overworked about this I suppose.

10 hours ago, wildcard said:

Baseball Tonight had him going to the Padres as a DH.

That’s all he should be. But apparently they think he had something left.

Anyway, good. I’m glad they saved us from ourselves (if you buy the idea that we were interested in him, which I don’t really think so but wouldn’t be surprised).