Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, one of my fondest memories of going to the HOF was standing in the ballpark exhibit and watching people get that one wrong 9 out of 10 times on the "match the 7th inning stretch song to the city" display.

I love it. I know there is a good percentage of people that don't like it, but it's tradition and I hope it never changes.

I have been to Atlanta a few times for random games (never against the O's) and I would start to grumble when they would play it during games.

It's kind of like Sweet Caroline. When I hear that, I think Boston. It has become part of the identity of Fenway. Thank God I'm a Country Boy is part of the identity of OPACY and Memorial Stadium before it. It may not exactly fit, but I love it.

Oddly enough, I would be less upset if Tex went to the Yanks instead of the Sox.

Honestly, I feel the same way. Tex in Boston's line up would fill a major hole on that roster, that can't be filled at anywhere near his production. While the Yanks have improved their rotation, they are still simply adding another expensive bat to an aging roster.

Honestly, I feel the same way. Tex in Boston's line up would fill a major hole on that roster, that can't be filled at anywhere near his production. While the Yanks have improved their rotation, they are still simply adding another expensive bat to an aging roster.

Oh yeah, the Red Sox have a HUGE hole in their lineup....

Not to mention the whole Fenway South fiasco that would occur. Ugh. So happy the Sox backed out.

Was in Boston this week and mentioned something to a colleague that is a Sox fan that I thought the O's might sign Tex. He simply laughed and said "are you naive enough to truly believe that he would sign with the Orioles? You realize he's simply using you guys to drive up the price for the Yankees and Sox." I want this done so I can do a little gloating!

Was in Boston this week and mentioned something to a colleague that is a Sox fan that I thought the O's might sign Tex. He simply laughed and said "are you naive enough to truly believe that he would sign with the Orioles? You realize he's simply using you guys to drive up the price for the Yankees and Sox." I want this done so I can do a little gloating!

And some Boston fans wonder why the nation turned on them so fast. "Naive enough..." What a condescending *bunch of words I can't say*.

Same here. Tex to Boston would be unbearable. If he went to the Yankees, they will have spent half a BILLION dollars this offseason. That's just ridiculous. Even if they win, there's not that insanely obnoxious sense of entitlement to their fans that the Sox fans have. If I tell a Yankee fan I know, "you guys bought a championship, congrats" in a sarcastic tone, they'll laugh and respond with "yeah, we did, but whatever gets it done, you know?"

Archived