MacPhail: Savior or not?

TJ Wrangler

Lashing out at everybody, eh? Lets hear it for mud-slinging! :clap3:

Sometimes it gets old and I have to say something.

As soon as they stop putting words into my mouth, stop taking everything so seriously and just talk about baseball, this will all end...Unfortunately, many people are too petty for that, so this type of bs(that the board doesn't need at all) happens.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am also most often right...don't say what you guys want to hear because, well..my head is not buried in the sand. You may not like the way it is done but guess what, if it is right, that's all that matters to me.

I have been hearing the same song and dance for years now...blah blah blah.

Can someone make a greatest hits, please?

You are just as bad as LJ.

Everytime you say this, it really shows your total inability to comprehend anything I am saying...Seriously, keep it to yourself..you are making yourself look stupid.

A couple of things:

First, I don't really care about making myself look stupid on a message board. I know you think of this as business and take it extremely seriously and I'm pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum. I hardly take it seriously....regardless, we both find ways to have fun on here.

Second, while you deny what I've said, others have agreed with me. You may deny it, but your posts about MacPhail read exactly the way I describe them.

Dude, it's not a secret you think you can do a better job than he could. You've gone on record as saying you think the job of a GM isn't that hard and that you think you could do a good job.

I'm not saying I disagree with that and I'm not saying you couldn't. I'm not trying to take you to task on that at all. Hell, you might be right.

All I'm saying is that it's obvious to me and others around here that you're chomping at the bit for MacPhail to screw up big time so you can be critical. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm just saying its the tone of how your posts read when it comes to MacPhail and what he has or hasn't done.

First, I don't really care about making myself look stupid on a message board. I know you think of this as business and take it extremely seriously and I'm pretty much on the opposite end of the spectrum. I hardly take it seriously....regardless, we both find ways to have fun on here
I think we all know this.
Second, while you deny what I've said, others have agreed with me. You may deny it
Who cares that others have agreed with you? They are wrong to. I may attack AM in what he does but I don't attack him as a person or anything like that. I expect more out of him than most do...I think that is the problem.
Dude, it's not a secret you think you can do a better job than he could. You've gone on record as saying you think the job of a GM isn't that hard and that you think you could do a good job.
First of all, I know I could do a good job...Secondly, I have never stated I could do a better job than AM...This is the assumption everyone wants to make based off of what I say...Its mopre of the same...Put words into people's mouths, assume you have an idea of that person and go from there...It is part of the patheticness of this board.
All I'm saying is that it's obvious to me and others around here that you're chomping at the bit for MacPhail to screw up big time so you can be critical. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm just saying its the tone of how your posts read when it comes to MacPhail and what he has or hasn't done.

You mean the tone that speaks the truth? Yea, I can see why people would hate that around here...they have hated it for years..why should now be any different?

And BTW, i love it how when I praise AM, nothing really gets acknowledged...But the minute I am critical, the usual suspects come out of the woodwork to whine about it.

It is just like the ESPN stuff...YOu all have been hammering Gammons and Olney this week...If they both came out with a story tonight about how Tex will sign with the O's by Monday, everyone would be praising them, saying how accurate they are, etc...It is a complete double standard on this site and really, it is pathetic.

When people are critical, you slam...When they are gushing, it gets positive rep.

I didn't take a shot at you...You said to delete the post...I asked why? because you don't like it?

If the post was that AM is a great leader and GM, you would have wanted it to stay...In other words, believe the good, ignore the bad.

That's not taking a shot at you...that is realism...Good? Keep the post...Bad? I don't want to hear it.

If the opening post said that AM is a d*** to deal with but is great at what he does, I don't think you would have taken issue with it.

And for you to say that I take a shot at someone in virtually every post is pathetic but(and yes, here is a shot), totally expected from you.

I know your grasp of English is somewhat tentative, but these are both shots IMO. The first one is saying he is biased, and the second is saying his opinion is pathetic. Neither is necessary to making your point civilly.

I think we all know this.

Who cares that others have agreed with you? They are wrong to. I may attack AM in what he does but I don't attack him as a person or anything like that. I expect more out of him than most do...I think that is the problem.

First of all, I know I could do a good job...Secondly, I have never stated I could do a better job than AM...This is the assumption everyone wants to make based off of what I say...Its mopre of the same...Put words into people's mouths, assume you have an idea of that person and go from there...It is part of the patheticness of this board.

You mean the tone that speaks the truth? Yea, I can see why people would hate that around here...they have hated it for years..why should now be any different?

And BTW, i love it how when I praise AM, nothing really gets acknowledged...But the minute I am critical, the usual suspects come out of the woodwork to whine about it.

It is just like the ESPN stuff...YOu all have been hammering Gammons and Olney this week...If they both came out with a story tonight about how Tex will sign with the O's by Monday, everyone would be praising them, saying how accurate they are, etc...It is a complete double standard on this site and really, it is pathetic.

When people are critical, you slam...When they are gushing, it gets positive rep.

Tones don't speak truth. Truth is substantive, denotative. Tone is connotative.

Sometimes it gets old and I have to say something.

As soon as they stop putting words into my mouth, stop taking everything so seriously and just talk about baseball, this will all end...Unfortunately, many people are too petty for that, so this type of bs(that the board doesn't need at all) happens.

My man, you take things more seriously than anyone I've ever met.

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

My man, you take things more seriously than anyone I've ever met.

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

I just like coming on here to talk about baseball intelligently..unfortunately, the amount of people to do this with seems to shrink quite often.

If I wanted to come here to fart around, i would spend my time in the various community boards.

MacFail has been disappointing overall during his time in Baltimore.

I'd give him a D+ on the 18-month report card.

But that's just one man's opinion.

I don't like his turtle-like pace on trades and other issues that require a more expeditious routine.

My .02.......

Seriously, really? You think he hasn't done that good a job? I think he has done an outstanding job. Baseball know how or not he has made the trades he has made count and gotten serious talent to build around. He has forced the Orioles to move into the japanese market by sending scouts over there and has put the team in a place where they will have financial flexibility.

Seriously, really? You think he hasn't done that good a job? I think he has done an outstanding job. Baseball know how or not he has made the trades he has made count and gotten serious talent to build around. He has forced the Orioles to move into the japanese market by sending scouts over there and has put the team in a place where they will have financial flexibility.

I think he did a solid job last offseason...From March-November, I think he was pretty much awful...at least in terms of improving the overall depth and talent in the organization, both in the minors and at the ML level.

I like the way the Tex stuff is heading but I don't know how much of that is AM...Certain things he has done this offseason are encouraging and I like but until he finishes the job, I am highly skeptical(as everyone should be).

I think he did a solid job last offseason...From March-November, I think he was pretty much awful.

I like the way the Tex stuff is heading but I don't know how much of that is AM...Certain things he has done this offseason are encouraging and I like but until he finishes the job, I am highly skeptical(as everyone should be).

To be clear: praise of unfinished project = no thank you.

But: criticism of unfinished project = yes, please, may I have another?

How is it that you can criticize his "baseball decisions" on the basis of rumors of who he is pursuing (unverified, really, and terms unknown) but not offer any compliments on decisions he's already made?

An honest and fair question, I think.

MacFail has taken the Orioles into the Japanese market because no players in American baseball want to play here.

What financial flexibility are you referring to?

Right now they're being outbid by three other teams for a player who has said time and time again he wants to play here.

Certain things he has done this offseason are encouraging and I like but until he finishes the job, I am highly skeptical(as everyone should be).

But I guess what I've been trying to say is....why so skeptical? I understand being skeptical because as O's fans we should be....but MacPhails track record is pretty good.

His pace is frustrating, I'll freely admit that.

Archived