MacPhail: Savior or not?

TJ Wrangler

I just like coming on here to talk about baseball intelligently..unfortunately, the amount of people to do this with seems to shrink quite often.

If I wanted to come here to fart around, i would spend my time in the various community boards.

I think the majority of people here look at the board as if they were in a bar, BSing around with friends.

You look at it as pounding the phone, making deals and pushing contracts across the table.

Big difference in perceptions here.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacFail has been disappointing overall during his time in Baltimore.

I'd give him a D+ on the 18-month report card.

But that's just one man's opinion.

I don't like his turtle-like pace on trades and other issues that require a more expeditious routine.

My .02.......

So the Bedard and Tejada trades weren't good moves?

I just like coming on here to talk about baseball intelligently..unfortunately, the amount of people to do this with seems to shrink quite often.

If I wanted to come here to fart around, i would spend my time in the various community boards.

I don't really have any problem with you, SG... but I've seen dozens of examples when someone has engaged in talking baseball and offering a different view than you where you respond with something like, "This post just shows that you are completely ignorant about the situation."

And come on, I've learned more about baseball on this site in the last 4-5 years than I'd ever known prior. There are truckloads of intelligent baseball conversation around here. Pretty sure you know that, though...

To be clear: praise of unfinished project = no thank you.

But: criticism of unfinished project = yes, please, may I have another?

How is it that you can criticize his "baseball decisions" on the basis of rumors of who he is pursuing (unverified, really, and terms unknown) but not offer any compliments on decisions he's already made?

An honest and fair question, I think.

I have...You just choose to ignore them...You choose to not comment on them and just wait until I have something negative to say.

I don't really have any problem with you, SG... but I've seen dozens of examples when someone has engaged in talking baseball and offering a different view than you where you respond with something like, "This post just shows that you are completely ignorant about the situation."

And come on, I've learned more about baseball on this site in the last 4-5 years than I'd ever known prior. There are truckloads of intelligent baseball conversation around here. Pretty sure you know that, though...

Sure there are...Should be more though...Someone like LJ knows his stuff but he gets overly sensitive and focuses on the drama bs way too much. VaTech is another one...he tends to do this.(VaTech knows I have a lot of respect for his opinions..at least he should know that but when you concentrate on this stuff, it gets old)

That's the stuff that gets old.

Its like high school.

I have...You just choose to ignore them...You choose to not comment on them and just wait until I have something negative to say.

That's not true, actually. I've both positive rep'd you when I agree and noted when you say those things.

I think MY response to your post was hasty, though. And for that I apologize. You said earlier in this thread that it's too early to tell either way. It's pretty apparent that you're inclined to think he'll fail, but that's your opinion, and you have every right to it.

I've said my part here, and think that I made some cogent points. SG, you're predictable, and unintentionally funny, but I think all of us (and by all of us, I mean those bickering with your right now) respect both your dedication and your knowledge.

Now, it'd be nice if that was reciprocated, but that's not how hierarchies work all of the time. ;)

Regardless, it's Saturday. And I'm in NYC. No more time to be wasted here.

Lemon out.

That's not true, actually. I've both positive rep'd you when I agree and noted when you say those things.

I think MY response to your post was hasty, though. And for that I apologize. You said earlier in this thread that it's too early to tell either way. It's pretty apparent that you're inclined to think he'll fail, but that's your opinion, and you have every right to it.

I've said my part here, and think that I made some cogent points. SG, you're predictable, and unintentionally funny, but I think all of us (and by all of us, I mean those bickering with your right now) respect both your dedication and your knowledge.

Now, it'd be nice if that was reciprocated, but that's not how hierarchies work all of the time. ;)

Regardless, it's Saturday. And I'm in NYC. No more time to be wasted here.

Lemon out.

You just stated a reason to waste time on here! :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Did you see what he did from last Feb until now?

Yeah, alright, but maybe there hasn't been anything up to his liking?

Say someone hypothetically offers him something for Roberts and he doesn't like it. He counters, but the team doesn't bite.

So should he just make the move for the sake of making one? Should he take a deal he's not totally thrilled with?

I agree he hasn't done much since last February but I don't know if that's grounds for taking him to task. If he's getting offered deals that he doesn't like, I trust him to walk away from them.

Guest rochester

So... is this the WOWthing everyone is talking about? my my my...

So..back to the subject..heck no we do not like to read that the guy we want (so bad) to make the O's respectable again is incompetent, whether true or not.

Hey, instead of killing each other - I have a good one that I have believed for a long time: Pat Gillick is not the end all of GMs. Sure, you get some great ML years out of him but what happens after he leaves... that oughta get trhe juices flowing towards a nice debate...

anything up to his liking?
IF that is the case, I am even more bothered by him.
I agree he hasn't done much since last February but I don't know if that's grounds for taking him to task. If he's getting offered deals that he doesn't like, I trust him to walk away from them.
His job is to grealt raise the level of talent on this team...If he doesn't do that, then he isn't doing his job...If he doesn't do his job, I think it is right to "take him to task".

Archived