Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You made the same argument against the Tigers when they took chances and "overspent" on FA's.

Guess what? The franchise wasn't "crippled" and the sky didn't fall. AS a matter of fact, not only are they able to retain their own talent, they managed to accrue more talent, a lot more. They drafted one of the drafts most "unsignable" players (porcello) and spent a boatload (both in terms of young talent and money) in acquiring one of the game's best young players when they traded for MCab. Proactive and bold doesn't automatically mean disaster or "crippled" for a franchise

Success creates revenue. Success creates opportunity. see Tigers, Detroit

They had one great year but do you actually think they are in a good place right now? I don't. Farm system among the worst in the game and a $138m payroll for a last place team... Is that the model you'd like to see the Orioles emulate? They also reportedly lost quite a bit of money this year which I'd be surprised if that was something Angelos is willing to do.

Maybe we could work a three-way trade with the Nats and Tampa Bay and wind up with DCab AND Bradford

I just rolled my mouse over my new green pip and it says I am a rookie fresh from training camp...I haven't been called fresh since I drove a '71 Super Beetle

NEWS!! This is from MLB trade rumors,

A few Mark Teixeira notes from Buster Olney's blog this morning:

Olney talked to someone who talked to a member of the Nationals' front office. The word is that the Nationals "absolutely do not expect to win the bidding for Teixeira."

Olney also heard that the Yankees did make an offer to Tex at some point, but it's now off the table. Kat O'Brien explains that Scott Boras is trying to bring the Yankees into the bidding, and their front office is divided.

Dan Graziano says Teixeira is "as on-board with the Boras plan as any client he's ever had besides his ultimate client, Alex Rodriguez." Stan McNeal offers a Boras translation machine at Sporting News.

NEWS!! This is from MLB trade rumors,

A few Mark Teixeira notes from Buster Olney's blog this morning:

Olney talked to someone who talked to a member of the Nationals' front office. The word is that the Nationals "absolutely do not expect to win the bidding for Teixeira."

Olney also heard that the Yankees did make an offer to Tex at some point, but it's now off the table. Kat O'Brien explains that Scott Boras is trying to bring the Yankees into the bidding, and their front office is divided.

Dan Graziano says Teixeira is "as on-board with the Boras plan as any client he's ever had besides his ultimate client, Alex Rodriguez." Stan McNeal offers a Boras translation machine at Sporting News.

Nice find but not the first find.:D

If Tex is on board with Boras, and doing whatever Boras wants, thats bad for the Orioles right? There is no advantage for Boras to bring Tex to Baltimore. If Boston signs Tex, then the arms race in New York starts, and you can almost guarantee the Skanks are going to give Manny money. That helps Boras.

If Tex is on board with Boras, and doing whatever Boras wants, thats bad for the Orioles right? There is no advantage for Boras to bring Tex to Baltimore. If Boston signs Tex, then the arms race in New York starts, and you can almost guarantee the Skanks are going to give Manny money. That helps Boras.

Well, I think he is on board with Boras playing his games to drive up the bid but at the end of the day Tex will go where he wants.

Of course, isn't Wieters a client of Boras? Given Matt's brght future, maybe Boras will be nice and throw a bone Baltimore's way. Matt will make Boras a pile of money when he hits the open market at some point.:scratchchinhmm:

Of course, isn't Wieters a client of Boras? Given Matt's brght future, maybe Boras will be nice and throw a bone Baltimore's way. Matt will make Boras a pile of money when he hit's the open market at some point.:scratchchinhmm:

Hopefully Matt never makes it to the open market. Hopefully we sign Tex, some pitchers and start the Baltimore dynasty. Win 5 straight WS and resign Weiters to a 10 year contract before he tests that open water.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQF9kpwupeU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQF9kpwupeU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived