Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

In all fairness he has had the opportunity to sign with every team and has not. The Orioles should have went to 8/170 a week ago. If their offer was 7/150 then adding another year at the same rate would be 8/171.5 then Boston would have to up their offer to get him. Make the money equal and then make Teixeira decide.
We don't know that their offer was 7/150. Boras would like us to believe that. The media reports "reputable sources" but you notice there's never an attributable source. Boras likes nothing more than to have teams bid against themselves.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In all fairness he has had the opportunity to sign with every team and has not. The Orioles should have went to 8/170 a week ago. If their offer was 7/150 then adding another year at the same rate would be 8/171.5 then Boston would have to up their offer to get him. Make the money equal and then make Teixeira decide.

True, he's had the opportunity to sign with anyone, but it seems the Red Sox have had the highest offer for some time now and Tex has been sitting on it. I guess there's no way of knowing for sure if this is true, I'm just going off what we've heard through insider info, media reports, etc.

True, he's had the opportunity to sign with anyone, but it seems the Red Sox have had the highest offer for some time now and Tex has been sitting on it. I guess there's no way of knowing for sure if this is true, I'm just going off what we've heard through insider info, media reports, etc.

From what everything I've heard, Boston has the top offer. But, as you say, Tex has been sitting on it, so who knows? That's the million dollar question.

I would really like for Tex to just defy the odds and sign for less money than we all thought. That won't happen anyway. But it'll make for entertaining drama! :D

We don't know that their offer was 7/150. Boras would like us to believe that. The media reports "reputable sources" but you notice there's never an attributable source. Boras likes nothing more than to have teams bid against themselves.

Why would the offer of every other team be made available, but ours. How would that help or hurt us? Why not just make a 8/170 offer and get all of these media outlets off of our back. We clearly are not bidding against ourselves at this point.

From what everything I've heard, Boston has the top offer. But, as you say, Tex has been sitting on it, so who knows? That's the million dollar question.

I would really like for Tex to just defy the odds and sign for less money than we all thought. That won't happen anyway. But it'll make for entertaining drama! :D

It just seems like he's waiting for someone to beat it, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's waiting for us. Maybe all the talk about wanting to play for the Orioles wasn't just hot air? It makes sense to me, but there's really no way of knowing until he makes his decision.

Why would the offer of every other team be made available, but ours.
You misunderstand. The other teams are not making their offers available, nor should they, nor should we. Nobody knows what the offers are except Boras.

Boras is sitting on the offers to milk other teams for more money. This process has nothing to do with the final destination of Mark Teixeira. Now, I could be convinced that AM said, here is a 7/150 deal. Go see what other teams are willing to offer and then get back to me. I have enough industry sources to verify that the number you are telling me is accurate. When you are ready to work out a deal, contact us and we will finalize a deal.

Boras is sitting on the offers to milk other teams for more money. This process has nothing to do with the final destination of Mark Teixeira. Now, I could be convinced that AM said, here is a 7/150 deal. Go see what other teams are willing to offer and then get back to me. I have enough industry sources to verify that the number you are telling me is accurate. When you are ready to work out a deal, contact us and we will finalize a deal.

I know what you're saying, and I think we agree? I don't think 7/150 is the Orioles final offer, in fact I think there's a good chance we might end up with the highest offer when all is said and done. I'm just saying the longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Teixeira is using the Red Sox to drive up our bidding, rather than using us to drive up theirs.

I know what you're saying, and I think we agree? I don't think 7/150 is the Orioles final offer, in fact I think there's a good chance we might end up with the highest offer when all is said and done. I'm just saying the longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Teixeira is using the Red Sox to drive up our bidding, rather than using us to drive up theirs.

I agree with you. There has not been any news since Thursday night. And if there is none tomorrow, we'll all know the story by at least Monday.

Archived