Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

How many Type A/B free agents did the Yankees lose? Does this rule mean a team is allowed to sign as many as they lose (a team loses 4, they can sign 4) or they are allowed to sign the limit plus how many they lost (a team loses 2, limit is 3 that year, they can sign 5)? The rule doesn't include any specific examples to clear this up, but I interpreted it as the first one.

They lost Mussina, Giambi, Abreau

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Figured Id try this Rep thing, so I gave you one for this post!

btw.....what does that whole thing mean anyway???

It means because they could lose Abreu and Pettitte it means they could sign two more then the 3 limit of type A FA.

I think that's the max (6) type FA if they do not resign the 2 they could lose. Giambi is not a type A or B so he does not matter.

I edited it because I missed Moose.

How many Type A/B free agents did the Yankees lose? Does this rule mean a team is allowed to sign as many as they lose (a team loses 4, they can sign 4) or they are allowed to sign the limit plus how many they lost (a team loses 2, limit is 3 that year, they can sign 5)? The rule doesn't include any specific examples to clear this up, but I interpreted it as the first one.

I think they can sign the limit plus the amount they lost. At least thats how Im interpreting it.

It means because they could lose Abreu and Pettitte it means they could sign two more then the 3 limit of type A FA.

I think that's the max (6) type FA if they do not resign the 2 they could lose. Giambi is not a type A or B so he does not matter.

I edited it because I missed Moose.

So Mussina counts even though he retired? I guess they did lose him huh.

The only thing Tex is signing in the next two days will be Christmas Cards.:)

I doubt it, Tex really wants this done by Christmas and they (Tex and Boras) seem to be dropping suitors left and right. We'll hear either Monday night or Tuesday night at the latest.

Does Abreu count as them losing a Type A free agent since they didn't offer him arbitration?

Or doesn't that matter?

Because they won't get any compensation picks when he signs with somebody else.

I'm pretty sure that only affects draft compensation.

Also, according to ESPN's free agent tracker, Mussina does not count as a Type A/B because he retired, but we all forgot Pudge who is considered a Type B. So the Yankees lost Pettitte (A), Abreu (A), and Rodriguez (B).

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/freeagents

It's only 2:30 in the morning and the Teixeira thread is deserted. I guess everyone is tired of discussing fake news and they're waiting to hear something real before staying up until the sun rises again.

In terms of Teixeira news this late, I'm never going to......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In terms of Teixeira news this late, I'm never going to......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What if Boras Rick Rolls the O's and we end up with Rick Astley instead of Teixeira?

I'm afraid of what's going to happen on here if the O's don't get Tex. I know we all think that we have a good shot, but really, what is that based on? Just pure speculation and the fact that there hasn't been news about the O's and Tex in a few days, lol.

Archived