Keegan Akin hurt?

Going Underground

I think something must be up.  Like many on this board, we wouldn't be surprised if he is unable to make the Toronto series.  You'd think that Hyde would want to use him a lot in the KC series if he knows Akin won't be available the upcoming series.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread because I'm confused by what his role is. He last pitched Tuesday relieving Lyles where he went 2.2 IP with 3 K and one hit that was kind of a flukey home run (341 ft). Then he doesn't get into the bullpen game Friday? He doesn't relieve a shaky Lyles again even though it's regular rest? Is Hyde saving him in case Voth or Watkins melt down next week? Why not just stretch him out and put him in the rotation, then? A bulk innings guy with a 2.53 ERA seems like a luxury you can enjoy when you have five real starting pitchers, which the Orioles currently do not.

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

Bumping this thread because I'm confused by what his role is. He last pitched Tuesday relieving Lyles where he went 2.2 IP with 3 K and one hit that was kind of a flukey home run (341 ft). Then he doesn't get into the bullpen game Friday? He doesn't relieve a shaky Lyles again even though it's regular rest? Is Hyde saving him in case Voth or Watkins melt down next week? Why not just stretch him out and put him in the rotation, then? A bulk innings guy with a 2.53 ERA seems like a luxury you can enjoy when you have five real starting pitchers, which the Orioles currently do not.

Those are all good questions. Unfortunately, none of the reporters asked Hyde about that after the game 

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

Very strange, you would think he would have pitched in the bullpen game or backing up Watkins. Has to be something the organization isn't telling us.