Trade Deadline Primer/Thread

Roll Tide

17 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

One of Ramirez, Vientos or Mauricio as a headliner would be my guess. Alvarez and Baty aren't likely on the table without an expanded deal. 

I’d want Ramirez if I’m taking an outfielder and it’s a good get. What I’m really want Hamel and Ziegler especially if they are getting Lopez and Mancini.

BTW, I heard Contreras did a fair well celebration last night with the fans and the guys in the club house. They said the players hugging him were 20 deep. No deal has been announced yet. 

6 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Mancini, Tate or Akin, and a mid level infield prospect (Prieto, Ortiz, Hernaiz)

for 

David Peterson

The Mets are buying, why would they send a key starting pitcher . I’m guessing you can store this one in the never going ti happen bin.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

The Mets are buying, why would they send a key starting pitcher . I’m guessing you can store this one in the never going ti happen bin.

Well, because he is not really a "key starter" this season. He is a 5th starter, who hasn't started since July 17th and was last used out of the pen. They are a lock to make the playoffs, where the 5th starter pretty much becomes a multi-inning reliever, which they would be getting with Akin or Tate.

What does everyone think about trading for Tarik Skubal? I saw an article today that put us as one of the teams that might trade for him. What would it cost to get an arm like that? 

I’m very interested because I did exactly this in my MLB the show franchise and would love to see it happen in real life. I also drafted a shortstop and renamed him Jackson Holliday months ago, so it would be cool to be right on two moves this season. 

46 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’d want Ramirez if I’m taking an outfielder and it’s a good get. What I’m really want Hamel and Ziegler especially if they are getting Lopez and Mancini.

BTW, I heard Contreras did a fair well celebration last night with the fans and the guys in the club house. They said the players hugging him were 20 deep. No deal has been announced yet. 

It was the last home game before the deadline, so it was likely his last game in Wrigley. Happ did the same thing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Jose Quintana shouldn’t be an expensive player to get. Pirates are likely looking to deal. We need a lefty starter and his salary fits.

If we had Jose Quintana what would we be asking for?

10 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

Ugh, I still really hope we are sellers not buyers this window...

If we are over .500 the optics are going to be tough for Elias, though. Hopefully he shows his vision and conviction regardless...

We should buy and sell...

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If we had Jose Quintana what would we be asking for?

Similar to Cashner ….His ERA last year was 6.43 and mid 4’s the two prior years. He very easily could revert and be a bad pick up like Cashner was.

Casnher before the trade deadline 3.83 in 17 starts Quintana 3.70 in 19.

Edited by Roll Tide

42 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yankees trade for Benintendi. I consider Mancini and Benintendi to be comparable in terms of trade value. 

Royals are in Yankee Stadium for 4 starting tomorrow.  Benintendi will be in the home dugout in pinstripes.

• Like 1