Frobby

Six guys are vying for the team lead in OPS:

Hays .772

Urias .766

Rutschman .764

Mountcastle .763

Santander .752

Mancini .749

All have had their ups and downs.   Here’s how they line up in July (excluding tonight):

Urias 1.112

Rutschman .912

Santander .766

Mancini .642

Mountcastle .641

Hays .589

The ups and downs of these six should be fun to follow, depending on who’s still here on August 2.

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Six guys are vying for the team lead in OPS:

Hays .772

Urias .766

Rutschman .764

Mountcastle .763

Santander .752

Mancini .749

All have had their ups and downs.   Here’s how they line up in July (excluding tonight):

Urias 1.112

Rutschman .912

Santander .766

Mancini .642

Mountcastle .641

Hays .589

The ups and downs of these six should be fun to follow, depending on who’s still here on August 2.

I predict Urias will be the leader by seasons end unless dealt. 

29 minutes ago, interloper said:

Even with the worse offensive environment around the league this year, it's still pretty disappointing that none of these guys have cracked .800. 

We have 7 of our 9 regulars with an OPS above league average (.705).   Not too bad.  Unfortunately we still have a team OPS of only .690 since we started off so slow.  It will climb up though over time I think.  

It's been something watching AR climb up this list after his coolish start. The C position went from black hole to one of our best position bats. His AB's on MLB.tv have become must-watch. It's like every pitch he sees just gets added to the Terminator-Style Heads-Up-Display in his brain. 

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Even with the worse offensive environment around the league this year, it's still pretty disappointing that none of these guys have cracked .800. 

3 hours ago, foxfield said:

yet

Hays and Mancini have been over .800 at times.  We happen to be catching this list at a time when these six guys all are close.  Good chance someone climbs over .800 and someone else falls below .720.   Who, I don’t know.  

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wouldn't really call this a horse race.  I mean, maybe one of those horse races where they pull the carts or something, but certainly not a horse race.

All of those thoroughbreds are penned up in the Norfolk paddock.

Edited by Just Regular

2 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

That is 37 extra bases advanced.  Where is the source?

Here.  Scroll down to baserunning and miscellaneous stats.  I think I counted like the old pre-1898 stolen base definitions, so if you scored from first on a double or, scored from second on a single you got an extra base and 0.136 furlongs.

Edited by DrungoHazewood

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Here.  Scroll down to baserunning and miscellaneous stats.  I think I counted like the old pre-1898 stolen base definitions, so if you scored from first on a double or, scored from second on a single you got an extra base and 0.136 furlongs.

OK, I am interested in this and think I understand the old SB rules, but I don't see 37 in a column and can't add up the numbers to get to 37.  I am seeing 20 + 9 + 2 +11 for 42.