We are going to the playoffs

tinman

5 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

Gunnar Henderson, Jordan Westburg, Kyle Stowers, and Grayson Rodriguez will be available for the postseason even if not promoted as September callups for other reasons.

That's good. I'd like to see some moves tomorrow. Sulser, McKenna, Nevin down. Baumann, Westburg, Stowers up.

10 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

Gunnar Henderson, Jordan Westburg, Kyle Stowers, and Grayson Rodriguez will be available for the postseason even if not promoted as September callups for other reasons.

Don’t they still have the rule that you have to be on the 8/31 roster to be on the playoff roster except in case of injuries to the 8/31 players?

5 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

That's good. I'd like to see some moves tomorrow. Sulser, McKenna, Nevin down. Baumann, Westburg, Stowers up.

I want to see Odor DFA'd. I don't expect it to happen, but I would be ecstatic to see it. Vavra staying in to play 2B after his pinch hit double was big because it indicates Hyde/Elias are comfortable letting Vavra play 2B defensively. Beginning of the end for Odor, hopefully.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Don’t they still have the rule that you have to be on the 8/31 roster to be on the playoff roster except in case of injuries to the 8/31 players?

I looked it up and if you have played in the minors, even if not on the 40-man roster by 8/31 you are still good to replace an injured player for postseason roster.  Adalberto Mondesi was added to the Royals 2015 roster by this method.

Edited by Filmstudy
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

I gotta be honest, I thought the Reds series was going to be the beginning of a slow deflation to a ~75ish win season--and that could still happen--but they ain't quitting. Now go sweep the Pirates, go back to Baltimore, and get the Blue Jays sweating. 

There is so much of the season left.  Anything could happen.  57 games to go.  I saw Buck take over a dead team that was 32-73 and go 34-23 in the final 57.   I saw a gritty overachieving Mike Hargrove team that was 63-63 finish 4-32.   And everything in between.  You just never know, no matter what you think you know.  

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

We're off tomorrow. But I have a feeling it's a memorable day for the Orioles. A call up or 2. Could be wrong.

If you want ~20 more than 44 days from a certain Important Player, now is the decision point.    I'll just throw him at DH since Urias is fielding well.

48 hours from now there's nothing but strategery stopping...

CF Mullins, C Rutschman, RF Santander, LF Hays, 2B Vavra, 1B Mountcastle, DH Henderson, 3B Urias, SS Mateo

Sorry, Kyle...

3 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

I looked it up and if you have played in the minors, even if not on the 40-man roster by 8/31 you are still good to replace an injured player for postseason roster.  Adalberto Mondesi was added to the Royals 2015 roster by this method.

OK, but there has to be an injured player who is being replaced.   

1 hour ago, tinman said:

I love the Orioles and this 2022 team. Underdogs with the lowest payroll in the league. And now we are closing in on a playoff spot.

A month ago I would have said you just finished smoking a fat one.

This is a damn fun team to watch!

1 hour ago, tinman said:

I love the Orioles and this 2022 team. Underdogs with the lowest payroll in the league. And now we are closing in on a playoff spot.

Anybody who doesnt agree can go suck a fat one.

Well the O's never did give nuthin to the tinman..

That he didn't.... didn't already have....

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

There is so much of the season left.  Anything could happen.  57 games to go.  I saw Buck take over a dead team that was 32-73 and go 34-23 in the final 57.   I saw a gritty overachieving Mike Hargrove team that was 63-63 finish 4-32.   And everything in between.  You just never know, no matter what you think you know.  

Very true. As an Orioles fan born in 1990, that 2002 team, as a baseball-obsessed 12-year-old, shaped my fandom. They're the reason why I consider myself a "pessimistic realist" when it comes to this franchise. Sadly, I never really let myself enjoy 2012, as I was just so worried about believing in them and getting my heart torn out again—and this was when I was firmly an adult! 

I still wouldn't bet on the 2022 iteration of the Orioles making the playoffs. However, one thing that has me intrigued is that there is the potential the Os have three or so Machado-level late season boosts if we're in it come September. Who knows what will happen, but I'm damn excited to find out.

• Upvote 2