Pathetic.

Moose Milligan

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wait, are we back as a winning team that we start making threads called "pathetic" over getting beat 2 of 3 from a team that has typically beaten us like a drum over the last oh I don't know, last eight years? 

We have never played well in Tampa.

But honestly, do you guys really think Elias really thinks this team is a contender? Today's lineup included a .706 OPS celan up hitter in Urias, Odor (.644 OPS) batting 5th, the end of the lineup with Nevin (.571) playing 1B and Phillips and his .488 OPS playing RF.

In the words of Cal Naughton Jr., "It's embarrassing."

This is why I'm enjoying the ride, but I'm not going to start getting too excited because it's clear Elias still is not putting a contending team lineup on the field every game.

As Mike Honcho would’ve said, should’ve given them the ole shake and bake. 

57 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Look, I get it. Sometimes you get beat. Sometimes the other pitcher is on top of his game. 

But the showing today from the Orioles was pathetic. Pitching to Arozarena with two on and two out was inexcusable. And they had absolutely no plan at the plate against Rasmussen today. Swinging at everything, no patience. 

At least Mateo just ruined the perfect game, but still.  

All the reason why they shouldn’t of punted yesterday with Hall.

***** Disclosure: Note to @Sports GuyI don’t have a link*****

Edited by Roll Tide

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

Today and yesterday were frustrating as a fan. That, as others 

That, as others have said is a good thing. Most of us didn't predict where they are right now. Hopefully they will call up some of the prospects before the season ends and allow them to get their feet wet and possibly improve the on field product for the remainder of the 22 season.

59 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Look, I get it. Sometimes you get beat. Sometimes the other pitcher is on top of his game. 

But the showing today from the Orioles was pathetic. Pitching to Arozarena with two on and two out was inexcusable. And they had absolutely no plan at the plate against Rasmussen today. Swinging at everything, no patience. 

At least Mateo just ruined the perfect game, but still.  

The Orioles aren’t going to win many games with the lineup they trotted out today, but Hyde has to manage smarter. 

Stop pitching to Orioles killers in key game situations and let another hitter beat you.

• Upvote 1

I’m just not that upset. It was a bad game. Hit Vavra instead of Philips? Sure. McKenna plays vs LHP and Chirinos. Ryan was hurt. Philips also is a better defender 

I need to try to listen again but reading between the lines on the postgame it sounded like Hyde didn’t like the pitch call to Arozarena. He said how they made some quick outs.

I thought Rasmussen was great. I’m just hoping they hang around for as long as possible and have a winning record at the end of the day. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I’m just not that upset. It was a bad game. Hit Vavra instead of Philips? Sure. McKenna plays vs LHP and Chirinos. Ryan was hurt. Philips also is a better defender 

I need to try to listen again but reading between the lines on the postgame it sounded like Hyde didn’t like the pitch call to Arozarena. He said how they made some quick outs.

I thought Rasmussen was great. I’m just hoping they hang around for as long as possible and have a winning record at the end of the day. 

Hyde "didn't like the pitch to Arozarena" -- how about don't risk it and just put him on esp w/ first base open? If the bases were empty or a guy on first fine, but I just don't get his thinking there at all. And of course no follow up or pressing him from the beat writers.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Hyde "didn't like the pitch to Arozarena" -- how about don't risk it and just put him on esp w/ first base open? If the bases were empty or a guy on first fine, but I just don't get his thinking there at all. And of course no follow up or pressing him from the beat writers.

I need to listen to it again. He was asked directly about that spot. He gave an answer.  I was driving and heard it on radio.  Would I have walked him? Yes, that said it was an awful pitch. 

On their pitching side  I thought Mateo missed a bad pitch in the 6th but I don’t recall too many pitches middle-middle today. Regardless of strategy it was a terrible pitch. 

Edited by eddie83

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

I'd rather they get better at scouting and executing pitches instead of pitching around guys.

Dude has got a 119 OPS+ and that includes his games against the Orioles.  Obviously other teams have figured out a way to get him out.

This ain't prime Bonds we are talking about here.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Lyles seemed to be shaking Adley off a lot today.