Mike Trout to the Orioles?

vab

2 minutes ago, Paul in Virginia said:

Orioles: A dream trade package to land Mike Trout (fansided.com)

Not sure I'd call that a "deam deal"..........

There's no freaking way I'd be happy with that trade for Trout, who can't manage to make it through a season now without significant time on the IL.

Angels Get:

SS, Jackson Holliday

RHP, Grayson Rodriguez

LHP, DL Hall

OF, Cedric Mullins

6 minutes ago, Paul in Virginia said:

Orioles: A dream trade package to land Mike Trout (fansided.com)

Not sure I'd call that a "deam deal"..........

Yeah, we get an injured Trout (may or may not be serious moving forward), and the Angels get Jackson Holliday, Grayson, Cedric & D.L. Hall. No thank you. Would not consider for a second. But that's just me.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

A couple of things:

1. I've read somewhere that Trout's childhood favorite team was the Phillies; not Mets or that other NY team.

2. How much value does he lose by being a DH only player? Does that help keep him healthy?

3. Is he less appealing to the O's because he's a RH hitter?

4. If he helps bring a WS championship to Baltimore in 2024 and 2025 and then produces at a sub Chris Davis level the remainder of his contract, is he worth the money?

Just now, jabba72 said:

Trout cant stay on the field anymore, if the Angels want to gift him to us for very little in return thats one thing, but I wouldnt offer any type of package for him, thats for sure. Unless its B guys. Mullins and Hays? Sure why not?

Because Mullins and Hays are more valuable than Mike Trout.  That's why not.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Natty said:

Yea right. Trout makes about $36M per year. Our entire payroll is $43M. 

Not happening. 

We’ve had much higher payrolls than we do now.  That’s not the issue.   The issue is Trout’s health and the players it would cost to acquire him.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We’ve had much higher payrolls than we do now.  That’s not the issue.   The issue is Trout’s health and the players it would cost to acquire him.  

Our team has a history of big contracts busts. No way we go for Trout. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Thanks I’ll keep laughing.  Your posts are some funny sh!t.  You should go on tour.

I don't how many people would pay for tickets to watch me embarrass you.  Of course, you are an insufferable bore, so there might be a market for it.

Here are some facts:

Over the last three years Mike Trout has been worth not quite 8 WAR.  He made about $112 million over that time frame.  He's about to turn 32, he has a degenerative back condition, and he is owed 300 million dollars going forward.

Over the last three years, Hays and Mullins have combined to be worth over 15 WAR.  They've made about 3 million dollars combined.  They have a combined 6 years of team control remaining before they hit FA, and they are 26 and 27 years old respectively.

Only a very, very stupid and low IQ person, who doesn't understand baseball, and can't see beyond mIkE tRoUt, would not be able to appreciate their differences in value.

Is that the kind of show you were thinking about putting on?