Friday, August 26: Orioles begin 6 game road trip vs division leaders in Houston

SteveA

1 minute ago, Remember The Alomar said:

MLB cannot say they want to "grow the game" and get more people watching while also instituting draconian blackout rules. Both sentiments are at absolute odds with each other. I could go full SportsGuy on the topic. 

I think the problem is that on one hand you have the entity of MLB and on the other you have 30 semi-autonomous fiefdoms.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Yup….I was all set to go to a bar. I signed up for a free trial of Fubo to watch the series. I might actually keep it and then go to the single team MLB.tv option. 

Aren't the "bars" in Georgetown just senior centers?  Don't they close at 6pm?

• Haha 1

Just now, Remember The Alomar said:

MLB cannot say they want to "grow the game" and get more people watching while also instituting draconian blackout rules. Both sentiments are at absolute odds with each other. I could go full SportsGuy on the topic. 

I’ve done that on twitter once or twice…

They say it’s because of cable contracts that won’t be expiring for 6-7 more years.

I laughed when I saw today was free, because a whole new set of potential viewers would be finding out that “free” doesn’t mean you can actually watch!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I think the problem is that on one hand you have the entity of MLB and on the other you have 30 semi-autonomous fiefdoms.

Yes, true. I guess I was using MLB in the "royal" sense—including all franchises—as opposed to the actual entity that is Major League Baseball legally. I live in DC. I would happily pay $100 dollars a year to easily watch the orioles on my laptop. And I'm not alone in this. Just seems dumb to leave money on the table.