Cubs trade DeRosa to Indians; Does this mean Pie for Olson back on??

section36

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scratch the Indians if they get DeRosa. As for the other teams you listed, you need to look at:

1. Who can add salary?

2. Which teams can make an offer that will satisfy AM?

I hope it's the Dodgers! They have what we need! Pitching and Infield prospects!

Hendry has just accomplished more in the last 48 hours than MacPhail has in the past 11 months. I'm willing to give him 5 years though:rolleyes:

It's really good to see you back posting more. No. Really. Please explain to us again why the Baez-Walker-Bradford trinity was a great idea.

It's really good to see you back posting more. No. Really. Please explain to us again why the Baez-Walker-Bradford trinity was a great idea.

You're exactly right... much better to enter 2007 with Brower, Byrdak, Williams, Manon, chen amd Birkins in the bullpen.

When you do something you actually have a chance to improve. Sitting, hoping, doing nothing does not lead you to improvment.

You're exactly right... much better to enter 2007 with Brower, Byrdak, Williams, Manon, chen amd Birkins in the bullpen.

When you do something you actually have a chance to improve. Sitting, hoping, doing nothing does not lead you to improvment.

True. But if you make a bad decision (e.g., saddle yourself with bad contracts) you also have a chance to get worse.

Hendry has just accomplished more in the last 48 hours than MacPhail has in the past 11 months. I'm willing to give him 5 years though:rolleyes:

This sort of statement is going to render your opinion's less valid. It's not accurate in that none of this has developed in 48 hours, much isn't yet completed, and even still it isn't more than AM accomplished in the last 11 months. I'm completely with you that AM needs to do more, but that idea will have no credence if transmitted through statements like yours. It's absolutely valid and helpful to assess AM, but I just think we should do it accurately and truthfully.

Hendry is working with a much deeper roster. He is putting the finishing touches on a contending team with very few holes.

At this point, I doubt MacPhail does anything quickly. I'm fine with that. It's time to evaluate the talent we have and maybe trade Roberts and Scott.

Despite trading DeRosa, I still see Chicago as a potential destination for Brian Roberts. Aaron Miles is a utility infielder, not an everyday player (especially on a contending team).

This sort of statement is going to render your opinion's less valid. It's not accurate in that none of this has developed in 48 hours, much isn't yet completed, and even still it isn't more than AM accomplished in the last 11 months. I'm completely with you that AM needs to do more, but that idea will have no credence if transmitted through statements like yours. It's absolutely valid and helpful to assess AM, but I just think we should do it accurately and truthfully.

Please post what AM has accomplished since the Bedard trade.

Hendry is working with a much deeper roster. He is putting the finishing touches on a contending team with very few holes.

At this point, I doubt MacPhail does anything quickly. I'm fine with that. It's time to evaluate the talent we have and maybe trade Roberts and Scott.

Despite trading DeRosa, I still see Chicago as a potential destination for Brian Roberts. Aaron Miles is a utility infielder, not an everyday player (especially on a contending team).

Does it take 18 months to evaluate in the system???

BB, has it ever come into your mind that maybe just maybe that Andy M. ahs tried to make some trades but other teams GMs have told him no? Did you stop to think that that could possibly have happpened? Or are just content to bash the FO every chance you get? Sorry

Archived