Are these Walltimore homer numbers correct?

Sports Guy

26 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Not sure why that’s surprising. The change to the left field wall was pretty significant. More surprising is the change in disparity between orioles and opponents. 

Yes, astonishing actually: a 29% decrease in pulled homers by Oriole RHBs vs. a 72% decrease in the opponents'! 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Only 44 Right handed pulled homers this year?  That doesn’t seem right.

Last year 155 HR’s allowed at home. 

So far this year 64 HR’s. 15 home games left. 

Offense hit 122 HR’s at home. So far this year 70 HR’s. 

Edited by eddie83

So, 64 HR allowed at home.  About 35% of all homers the O’s have allowed (home and road combined) were to LHB.  So, maybe 42 HR to RHB, but could be less. Does it stand to reason than less than half of those were pulled?   And was does pulled mean - anything to the left of Elrod’s Corner, or is it some other definition?   

It doesn’t seem prima facie crazy, but I’m a bit surprised the number is that low.  

6 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

11less - versus 44 less differences in homers - us versus them to date. A net of a 33-run decrease by homers by opponents so far this year. That's darn near a half a run per game up to this point. THE WALL should be considered in the Most Valuable Oriole voting.😃

Naw, it doesn't show up on the road.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So, 64 HR allowed at home.  About 35% of all homers the O’s have allowed (home and road combined) were to LHB.  So, maybe 42 HR to RHB, but could be less. Does it stand to reason than less than half of those were pulled?   And was does pulled mean - anything to the left of Elrod’s Corner, or is it some other definition?   

It doesn’t seem prima facie crazy, but I’m a bit surprised the number is that low.  

Has to be to the left of the bullpen area. 

I never really looked for this before but I see on baseball-ref where on the pitchers pages they break down the HR’s they allow and by location. 

Here is Bradish as an example. 
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/event_hr.fcgi?id=bradiky01&t=p

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

He has his flaws but Mountcastle is the type of RH power bat that can deal with the wall.

Yes.  By hitting them to CF and RF.   Half joking.   Yes, when he gets a hold of one it's still going out as opposed to Hays who pretty much needs to pull it down the line.