Markakis vs other young players

Sports Guy

I actually found this thread really interesting. It put things into perspective for me. Don't get me wrong, I love having Markakis on the Orioles and I think he's a great player. I guess I just hadn't thought about that group of players as a whole, and there's a lot of talent in there.

Yea there is....To even expand this past what i said, look at how much talent there is in MLB that is either under 25 and/or has 3 or less years of ML experience.

I am not sure if MLB has ever had a boom like this. I am probably wrong about that but damn, there is just so much out there its unreal.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, only an O's fan would come up with that list.

That has nothing to do with it...Some of those guys i need to see more of...Some of them i have long term injury question marks about and some of them, i think will fizzle some.

There are other guys that i would say i would put on the same level as Markakis in the long run but i would take Markakis over them because he is an Oriole and came up through our system.

That has nothing to do with it...Some of those guys i need to see more of...Some of them i have long term injury question marks about and some of them, i think will fizzle some.

There are other guys that i would say i would put on the same level as Markakis in the long run but i would take Markakis over them because he is an Oriole and came up through our system.

No, it has everything to do with it. If you were a Dodgers fan, you'd take at least 3 of there guys over Nick. You're obviously biased towards Nick, that has been apparent for a long time, I just didn't realize it went this far. If Nick were a Cub, you'd be arguing with Dave about his worth, just the other way around compared to what those arguments are like now.

And I stand by my statement, only an O's fan would put Nick that high. Any impartial person would have him lower.

No, it has everything to do with it. If you were a Dodgers fan, you'd take at least 3 of there guys over Nick. You're obviously biased towards Nick, that has been apparent for a long time, I just didn't realize it went this far. If Nick were a Cub, you'd be arguing with Dave about his worth, just the other way around compared to what those arguments are like now.

And I stand by my statement, only an O's fan would put Nick that high. Any impartial person would have him lower.

Well being able to see him everyday probably does do something...I guess you can say that.

SG I honestly believe that you hold nothing sacred and have no loyalties.

Ironic that on the weekend the perhaps the greatest Baltimore Oriole ever is enshrined in the HOF you go out of your way to start a thread asking people to join you in disparaging one of our very own by saying "He's good but who would you rather have".

You're wrong on this one.

Ironic that on the weekend the perhaps the greatest Baltimore Oriole ever is enshrined in the HOF you go out of your way to start a thread asking people to join you in disparaging one of our very own by saying "He's good but who would you rather have".

I am not disparaging anyone...Hell, i disagree with many of the players most people would take.

I guess you just aren't smart enough to figure this out...Everyone else is.

If you don't like it, don't read it...Not like you are bringing anything to the thread anyway.

He's not wrong. There are better young players out there. Nick is great. We all like Nick. When I suggested dealing Nick in a package for Tex, SG crushed me. He likes Nick. But, there are better players. This was just a query as to which young players we would rather have. No one is bashing Nick. No one is advocating his removal from the team. No one has threatened his life or kicked his dog. It's just a discussion about young talent in the MLB. I think you're taking this a little too personally. Relax.

It must be lonely up on that cross.

I am not disparaging anyone...Hell, i disagree with many of the players most people would take.

I guess you just aren't smart enough to figure this out...Everyone else is.

If you don't like it, don't read it...Not like you are bringing anything to the thread anyway.

I think Nick is worth defending. I'll stop for now.

Archived