Yowser Yowser Yowser

Baltimorecuse

3 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I’m staring to get depressed thinking about 6 months without Orioles Baseball…..Orioles winning baseball!!!  Haven’t been anticipating a season like 2023 for as long as I can remember.  

If MASN televises some spring training games, it will actually be only around 4.75 months. Should go by quickly, I hope.

Edited by rm5678
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

We're going to have a winning season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only thoughts for the offseason are that I hope we don't trade Mateo or Santander.  Gunnerson can play second.

In a week I'll be ready for spring training.

Gunnerson. I love that nickname! It totally works. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I’m staring to get depressed thinking about 6 months without Orioles Baseball…..Orioles winning baseball!!!  Haven’t been anticipating a season like 2023 for as long as I can remember.  

This is shaping up to be the longest feeling off-season ever waiting to see year two of the turnaround. I really can't wait to see the season of the Aldey Rutschman and Gunnar Henderson experience.

Plus it's all the other players on the roster who debuted or surprised with their improved play. Grayson Rodriguez will make his MLB debut in 2023 and John Means will be returning back from injury. There's a lot to look forward too over the next couple years as Orioles fans. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The 2012-13 Orioles were different because outside of Manny they didn't have a regular who was under 26.  Almost all the contributing players were around peak or later.

This team is exciting because not only did they graduate a bunch of rookies to the majors, but the farm is so deep they'll probably still be around a top-5 system after two #1 overall prospects came to the majors.  I don't think they've had a group of young talent like this at once since the 1970s.

I’ve never seen anything like it and I started following in the late 80s/early 90s.  Starting to see people wearing Os hats with pride in DC suburbs for first time I can remember since before the Nats moved in.  

9 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This is shaping up to be the longest feeling off-season ever waiting to see year two of the turnaround. I really can't wait to see the season of the Aldey Rutschman and Gunnar Henderson experience.

Plus it's all the other players on the roster who debuted or surprised with their improved play. Grayson Rodriguez will make his MLB debut in 2023 and John Means will be returning back from injury. There's a lot to look forward too over the next couple years as Orioles fans. 

Hopefully there will be a significant uptick in activity this off-season to give us all something to talk about and make it go by faster

43 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The 2012-13 Orioles were different because outside of Manny they didn't have a regular who was under 26.  Almost all the contributing players were around peak or later.

This team is exciting because not only did they graduate a bunch of rookies to the majors, but the farm is so deep they'll probably still be around a top-5 system after two #1 overall prospects came to the majors.  I don't think they've had a group of young talent like this at once since the 1970s.

Gollum knows we must we trade some of our middle infield depth to strengthen other areas. But Henderson, Westburg, Ortiz, Norby, Holiday, Mateo. They are my PRECIOUSSSSSS!

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

How many did they broadcast this year -  three or something like that?

Yes, but I'm remaining hopeful that they will televise more than 3 this year. Plus, some of the games were watchable on mlb.tv with the opposing team's feed.

45 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Yes, but I'm remaining hopeful that they will televise more than 3 this year. Plus, some of the games were watchable on mlb.tv with the opposing team's feed.

The Pirates do an outstanding job of televising their home games in spring training. Let's hope we get them on the schedule a lot on the road.