What 3 moves would you make this off season (that are realistic)?

DocJJ

5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

1. Sign Verlander -  2 - 70M  3 - 90M

2. Re-sign - Jordan Lyles 1- 11M  

3. Trade - Bradish, Hall, Mountcastle for Nick Lodolo LHP Reds  (Mountcastle can DH/1B with Votto.)

Revamped Rotation

1. Verlander

2. Lodolo

3. Kremer

4. Lyles

5. Rodiguez/Voth/Wells

Why would the Reds trade Lodolo?

34 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Leaves us too weak offensively.  Not sure it makes any sense for the Reds.  And I'm not sure that Hall/Bradish isn't just straight up better than Lodolo.  This seems the kind of trade to make if you don't like your guys.

All we lost offensively was Mountcastle.  I think he can be replaced internally.   Lodolo looks like a stud to me.  I don’t believe either Bradish or Hall become what I think Lodolo becomes, so yeah, I like Lodolo better than our guys.  

Abreu isn’t leaving Chicago.

Elias reads Statcast stats not bubblegum card stats.  Mountcastle isn’t leaving Baltimore.

Just my opinion, but if we’re going crazy, I’d rather give Verlander 3 years than DeGrom 5 or 6.

Edited by NCRaven

42 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Abreu isn’t leaving Chicago.

Elias reads Statcast stats not bubblegum card stats.  Mountcastle isn’t leaving Baltimore.

Just my opinion, but if we’re going crazy, I’d rather give Verlander 3 years than DeGrom 5 or 6.

DeGrom would probably be injured for 3 of those years.  He literally missed a whole year between 2nd half 2021 and 1st half 2022 without surgery.

9 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I don’t know.  I would try to get him.  3 for 1 and Mountcastle is a good fit in that park.  Do you think he’s untouchable?

Pretty much. Usually trades happen because a player is worth more to the market than to his current team. Lodollo isn't even arb1.  They need pitching as much as we do.  Not going to happen.

15 hours ago, RZNJ said:

3. Trade - Bradish, Hall, Mountcastle for Nick Lodolo LHP Reds  (Mountcastle can DH/1B with Votto.)

Revamped Rotation

1. Verlander

2. Lodolo

3. Kremer

4. Lyles

5. Rodiguez/Voth/Wells

Lodolo is a stud, not sure the Reds would be willing to trade him. He's DL Hall to us if DL Hall came up as a starter this year and produced 11 k/9, ERA+ of 122 and almost 3 WAR. No chance we would be trading that away. I just dont see the Reds doing it personally because I know we wouldnt do it if the tables were turned. 

Its also funny that when Lodolo was shutting down the Orioles earlier this year, even though he was a top 40 prospect, I remember people in the game threads complaining that we were getting shut down by a "no name" pitcher. 

Edited by terpoh

15 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Revamped Rotation

1. Verlander

2. Lodolo

3. Kremer

4. Lyles

5. Rodiguez/Voth/Wells

I like Lodolo, but remind me why the Reds make this move?

24 minutes ago, Ceciltrav said:

1.White Sox need corner outfielders.  Trade Hays, Cowser and Jackson Holiday for Cease and Eloy Jimenez

2. Sign Verlander or De Grom

3. Trade for a marlins starting pitcher

You don't bundle Jackson Holliday at this point.  

Edited by crowmst3k!

I know Elias says he is ready to spend but I really don't expect it.   FAs usually want more years and money then they are worth and trading away really good prospects is a hard thing to do to get better talent then what the O's have.

1. I expect Sig to find another Voth type to join the rotation maybe  by trading Urias and/ or Norby in the process.

2.  I think they will find a good backup catcher that can hit some.

3. I would extend the team of Elias/Sig/Holt/Hyde

I think the offensive improvement comes from Adley, Gunnar, Westburg, Stowers, Ortiz,  and Cowser.    Means will rehab with the team providing the veteran  presence  that Lyles provided last year.

I think the reality that the O's played at a 87 win pace after April last season and that with a few  of the prospects getting playing time the team will be at 92 wins will set into peoples thinking  at some point this off season.

Edited by wildcard

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Pretty much. Usually trades happen because a player is worth more to the market than to his current team. Lodollo isn't even arb1.  They need pitching as much as we do.  Not going to happen.

They need everything.