Correa opts out…should the Os pursue him?

Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I can’t see them signing Haniger, Judge, and Correa.  That lot of money on bats.

I can't say for sure, but Baerga has often been right with his predictions. Looking at the roster for the Giants it could make sense, and they are a big market team that can theoretically afford it. It's no secret they have a huge offer out to Judge. Correa would seem to be independent of Haniger, IMO. Crawford is old, Giants may look to move him to 3rd for the last year of his deal and slide Correa in at SS. Haniger, Pederson and Judge can rotate through the corner OF spots and DH.

12 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

I would love this if it happened. Cashman would sink the Yankees even further by panicking to fill the Judge void with overrated and overpriced veteran hitters of some sort (probably trading more prospects like he did with the Gallo trade).

Might see the Yankees pivot to the remaining pitching on the market in that case. Maybe they would go after Rodon and bring Taillon back in that case?

17 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

I can't say for sure, but Baerga has often been right with his predictions. Looking at the roster for the Giants it could make sense, and they are a big market team that can theoretically afford it. It's no secret they have a huge offer out to Judge. Correa would seem to be independent of Haniger, IMO. Crawford is old, Giants may look to move him to 3rd for the last year of his deal and slide Correa in at SS. Haniger, Pederson and Judge can rotate through the corner OF spots and DH.

That would put them at around 230 million.  They usually run in the 170 range.  That seems like a huge jump even for big market team.   It possible but I think there pitching is not enough even with adding that offense.  

10 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

That would put them at around 230 million.  They usually run in the 170 range.  That seems like a huge jump even for big market team.   It possible but I think there pitching is not enough even with adding that offense.  

Well, it may only be for a year they run a payroll that high. After 2023 the Giants have $68,650,000 coming off the books. This retool makes some sense for them. I agree they are light on pitching, but they may come back to the market next year to acquire what they need for arms. Looks reasonable to me for a team with those resources.

24 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Giants have been over 200 million before.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them there again this offseason. 

18 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Giants have been over 200 million before.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them there again this offseason. 

They have been over 200 million once on 26 man and that was 200.5 million.   They will be at 235 and with very little pitching at all.  Alex Cobb would be their number 2 pitcher.   They were middle of pack in starter ERA last year and lose their best pitcher in Rondon.  I can’t see them challenging the Dodgers and Padres with the pitching they have right now even with the guys they sign on offense.