O's looking for RH 1B

JTrea81

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Ryan%20Roberson&pos=1B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=489251

What about this guy as a potential 1B? Does anyone know much about him? I've heard his name come up before... He isn't going to be playing for the Tigers anytime soon with the stack at 1B. Could we get away with trading Sherrill to Detroit for this guy? (Possibly more...) The Tigers are still looking for a closer...

PS. He is also a Maryland native...

He's not even a top-20 prospect in a really depleted Tigers system, according to Sickels. His BB/K ratio is terrible. And he's a 25 year old playing in AA.

Two of him wouldn't be worth Sherrill. I like the idea of swapping Sherrill for prospects, but they need to be far better prospects than that.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Ryan%20Roberson&pos=1B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=489251

What about this guy as a potential 1B? Does anyone know much about him? I've heard his name come up before... He isn't going to be playing for the Tigers anytime soon with the stack at 1B. Could we get away with trading Sherrill to Detroit for this guy? (Possibly more...) The Tigers are still looking for a closer...

PS. He is also a Maryland native...

His translated line is .232/.282/.422. He's about 50% the player JR House or Jon Knott is. On a good day he might be 80% of Oscar Salazar.

Ok I have to ask this and I do so respectfully. How do you know this?

There's several sites that do minor league translations, this one is from BP. I don't have the link bookmarked, but just Google "minor league translations site:baseballprospectus.com" and it should be some oddly-named page at the top of the search results.

As for the Knott/House/Salazar comps I was just squinting at the numbers and pulling stuff out of my (insert body part here).

There's several sites that do minor league translations, this one is from BP. I don't have the link bookmarked, but just Google "minor league translations site:baseballprospectus.com" and it should be some oddly-named page at the top of the search results.

As for the Knott/House/Salazar comps I was just squinting at the numbers and pulling stuff out of my (insert body part here).

Thanks Drungo. You always make these pronouncemnts with such authority that I thought you had data to back it up.

Archived