Elias on MLB network 1230-ish

Just Regular

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's a truly staggering number.   I mean, I consider myself a frequent poster, and I've been here since January 22, 2006, and I'm under 30K.   Guys like Frobby and Tony and Moose and SportsGuy are in the 20s/30s.   100K is amazing.

CORRECTION:  SportsGuy is just over 50K.   Still believe my point is valid.

Lets be fair.

SportsGuy is sitting at 91K posts on another board and thats just the one Im aware of, not sure how many others. :)

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Right. Our pitchers are talking about, our recent signee is talking about it. It's a thing that matters. It's absolutely a factor. There's no reason for Elias to mention it if it wasn't. And if you don't believe Elias, believe Ken Rosenthal who reported Gibson chose here over the Jays who offered the SAME deal BECAUSE of the wall and the defense. 

Yep he mentioned a number of factors.

The wall.

The infield defense.

Adley.

The fact that they actually offered the same contract as the other team.  (as opposed to you know, less money).

There is also the possibility that the player didn't want to play in Canada and was too polite to mention that.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep he mentioned a number of factors.

The wall.

The infield defense.

Adley.

The fact that they actually offered the same contract as the other team.  (as opposed to you know, less money).

There is also the possibility that the player didn't want to play in Canada and was too polite to mention that.

None of this does anything to refute the point Elias was making about 1 year deals. Or the fact that he extended multi-year offers to guys. You're not saying anything here. 

Edited by interloper

8 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

It feels like Players should be enlightened about all this stuff by now (helped on either side by their Agents + Club's mental skills coaches), but just watching day to day it stlll seems deep in a ballplayer's DNA if Kyle Bradish can't get that 15th out that night, or Trey's barrel produces an actual OPS of .000.

There's more to it than just what you're xERA etc is. If you're in an extreme offensive environment and batted balls that are outs in 75%+ of other ballparks are not outs in OPACY you are throwing more pitches but not going as deep into games. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

None of this does anything to refute the point Elias was making about 1 year deals. Or that he didn't extend multi-year offers. You're not saying anything here. 

I'm saying that even with the example being given the wall is just one a a number of factors.

It isn't some huge thing that completely changes the situation by itself.

There is over half of the remaining top 50 players still left and people are already throwing in the towel.  Almost all of those signed went to a big market team which we are not.  Our off season is going to be a marathon not a sprint out of the gate.  I am not going to get worked up about what the roster looks like in early December 3 months before training camp.  

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Whatever happened to that dude

When I came back on here, he was bumping tons of old threads and Tony asked him to stop doing that.  I don’t know if that upset him or not (Tony was right for saying something) but haven’t seen him since.

I can’t imagine how many posts I would have if I actually participated in the game threads.  Lol

Edited by Sports Guy

Just now, bpilktree said:

There is over half of the remaining top 50 players still left and people are already throwing in the towel.  Almost all of those signed went to a big market team which we are not.  Our off season is going to be a marathon not a sprint out of the gate.  I am not going to get worked up about what the roster looks like in early December 3 months before training camp.  

Not to mention Trade candidates. 

If Elias doesn’t greatly improve the team this offseason, he deserves to be hammered for it but we aren’t there yet.