John Angelos said the Orioles would be like the Rays but with a higher payroll

Going Underground

2 hours ago, Slight Upward Arc said:

I mean it’s obvious at this point that it’s something like this. At the same time, they are bringing a ton of money in as it is. It’s disingenuous of them to keep selling otherwise. 

Its possible.    The actions will tell us if beyond Gibson's 10, Elias succeeds at buying a further 10, 20, 30, 40 million worth of players for the 2023 roster.     Elias could have a $90mm budget and just be out there value bidding.

I agree it'd be baseball malpractice to take Adley roster 2 of 6 to Sarasota as weak as it is right now.

18 hours ago, oriole said:

All the back and forth about pay roll and saying they’re going to do one thing and then reframing it and then lowering expectations and then kicking the can down the road and acting like “one day, you’ll see!” when really it’s the whole horse being led by a carrot on a stick thing….its exhausting and it’s really undoing any positive vibes I had about this era of Orioles baseball. It’s apparent that any mention of a larger payroll is a flat out lie and meant to keep fans engaged with the team long enough so the owners kids can rake in more cash to run away with once they have the opportunity. 

This team could have a significantly increased pay roll in 2023 and they could chart a path to the division. They are choosing not to. 

Couldn’t have stated it any better!!

This whole “we are going to spend one day” lone is a joke at this point. Telling fans they will increase payroll as revenue and attendance increase is a slap in the face. They already are sitting on revenues received this offseason of over $250 million. If they weren’t/aren’t planning to spend that, why would they spend in the future? And more importantly what makes what they say now credible/believable?

But at last I know, we should be patient and continue to hold on to hope and blind faith.