Suggested Deal w/Marlins

Answerman

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Overrating means you think he’s better than he actually is. The value I see people placing on Lopez has gotten out of hand (I’m not just talking about this site when I say that)

I was just looking for an example.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s getting to the point where Lopez is getting severely overrated by fans.

I liked this deal a lot better last year when Lopez looked like a #2-#3 starter. Last year was not a great year for him. Instead of sustaining his success in 2021, his 2022 looks almost exactly like his career norm of .500 record, 3.94 ERA, and 8.6 K/9. Good lesson not to overpay based on a career year. I might to Hays+ for him now, but not Mullins straight up. 

And Rogers was horrible last year. CF values have skyrocketed (see Nimmo contract), so maybe Mullins has more value than we think. If Lopez is league average (hopefully a little more than that), and Rogers is a lottery ticket, maybe this deal isn't as one-sided as it seems at first glance?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I liked this deal a lot better last year when Lopez looked like a #2-#3 starter. Last year was not a great year for him. Instead of sustaining his success in 2021, his 2022 looks almost exactly like his career norm of .500 record, 3.94 ERA, and 8.6 K/9. Good lesson not to overpay based on a career year. I might to Hays+ for him now, but not Mullins straight up. 

Yea he regressed some but the upside is there and he’s still young.

Hes a great target but we need to stop acting like he’s worth even Mullins straight up.

4 minutes ago, Answerman said:

And Rogers was horrible last year. CF values have skyrocketed (see Nimmo contract), so maybe Mullins has more value than we think. If Lopez is league average (hopefully a little more than that), and Rogers is a lottery ticket, maybe this deal isn't as one-sided as it seems at first glance?

It’s not one sided at all. It’s a legit conversation. The bigger question would be do the Marlins want to get rid of 2 starters?