At what point is Elias' job in jeopardy?

Es4M11

15 hours ago, Es4M11 said:

Legit a good answer. Thanks

At what point do you think your patience for this protracted rebuild would reach it's theoretical limit? Is it not fair for a fan base to expect positive results at the big league level within 5 years? 6, 7?

The Orioles had a spectacular turnaround last year and were just a few games out of the playoffs.  Is that not a positive result? 

16 hours ago, Es4M11 said:

Legit a good answer. Thanks

At what point do you think your patience for this protracted rebuild would reach it's theoretical limit? Is it not fair for a fan base to expect positive results at the big league level within 5 years? 6, 7?

I'm not sure.  I mean, he can still do everything correctly and it might not work.  He might also be hamstrung by Angelos not wanting to spend money, that could be likely.  Let's not forget that a lot of this includes luck, you have to get lucky here.  Sure, you can tip the odds in your favor but things still have to break your way.  

All I know is that he's taken care of what's ailed this franchise for close to 40 years which is failing to bring top flight prospects to the majors continually.  So, IMO, it's on the right track.  

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

The Orioles had a spectacular turnaround last year and were just a few games out of the playoffs.  Is that not a positive result? 

Yes, I would agree that is a positive result. In four years that is arguably the only positive result at the MLB level.

Please don't get me wrong, I am excited for this team, and I think it is on the verge of becoming special. But it seems reasonable to question where the line gets drawn if the Orioles don't turn out to be as good as most of us think they are over the next couple years.