NRI list for ST

Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Kade Strowd?   That's an interesting one.   Hasn't pitched above A+ but has a big arm.   Slightly surprised on Prieto.    Holliday?   Have they done that with the other 1st round picks?

I feel like maybe they did with Adley? Just let Holliday absorb some ML vibes and send him on his way after a few days. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I betcha Lewin Diaz just can't wait to get into spring training. :D

No big surprises here for me though I'm a little surprised on Neustrom after the year he had last year. I might have given Haskin a look over him this spring. 

Agree - would be nice to get a look at anybody who can theoretically play CF. 

I’m going to ST games on March 9 (Clearwater), 10 and 12.   I think Holliday and maybe Kjerstad will be in MiL camp by then.   I’m really hoping to see Westburg, Cowser, Norby, Grayson and Ortiz while I’m there.   I’ve actually seen the latter four in a game or two at Bowie, but not against major league competition.   Can’t wait to get there!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Good to see Handley on the list. Holliday is exciting. 

It's nice to just give him that taste of the big leagues and get him around guys like Adley and Gunnar. He'll probably get cut when minor league spring starts up so he can get ready for his season and the guys he'll be playing with.

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

Agree - would be nice to get a look at anybody who can theoretically play CF. 

Speaking of which, nice to see Cowser on the list too. One of those new ranking lists had him as a solid CF. Not sure he's perceived that way around here...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, now said:

Speaking of which, nice to see Cowser on the list too. One of those new ranking lists had him as a solid CF. Not sure he's perceived that way around here...

Cowser can play CF effectively now, but I don't think that will be a long term position. He's similar to Hays was when he came up initially. Won't kill ya, but he'll be about average or slightly below OOA out there initially. As his footspeed drops off, he'll need to move to the corner but should be good enough to play the big LF in Camden Yards for a bit before ultimately settling in at RF where his arm plays well anyways.

• Thanks 1