1/14 @ Miami

glenn__davis

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bet you wouldn't have made that comment if Vasquez hits that three, despite the other circumstances being the same :rolleyes:

I would have been happy had he made it because we'd had won, but don't you find it a little discouraging that we always seem to find a way to blow double digit leads?

Bet you wouldn't have made that comment if Vasquez hits that three, despite the other circumstances being the same :rolleyes:

Of course he wouldn't have.

People act like this was a choke job.

It wasn't.

This was Jack McClinton taking over. At home. With a good supporting cast.

Miami isn't some bum team Maryland is just supposed to run over. That would have been a great win, they just didn't get it.

It's astonishing to me how quickly people get high and low on this team. It;s a long season people, good grief.

This is completely my fault...I just turned it on with about six minutes left :(

Sounds like Miami suddenly got hot while Maryland went cold at the same time.

Nope, it's my fault. I've watched two halves of Maryland basketball this whole season, the second half of the Morgan state game, and the second half of this game.

Needless to say, they've done nothing to change my mind about my opinion of this program. The only thing I can see is that I'm much calmer now that I've taken my heart out of this program. It will remain out until Williams is gone and I have a reason to look forward to better Maryland basketball.

Tell you what though, that McClinton can shot the ball. He was like that Morgan State guy that just lit up late while Maryland went into their usual shooting slump.

Oh well, another NIT and another year of people making excuses for Williams and this program.

Nope, it's my fault. I've watched two halves of Maryland basketball this whole season, the second half of the Morgan state game, and the second half of this game.

Needless to say, they've done nothing to change my mind about my opinion of this program. The only thing I can see is that I'm much calmer now that I've taken my heart out of this program. It will remain out until Williams is gone and I have a reason to look forward to better Maryland basketball.

Tell you what though, that McClinton can shot the ball. He was like that Morgan State guy that just lit up late while Maryland went into their usual shooting slump.

Oh well, another NIT and another year of people making excuses for Williams and this program.

Is it really the time to take digs at fellow Maryland fans? Nice. It's great for you that you don't care anymore, but there are those of us who still do. Why pile on?

No, he would have said this was a typical Maryland/Williams choke job until Vasquez saved them in the end.

No biggie though, like baltbird, I don't get emotional over this program anymore. Maryland has made their bed with Williams and now they must lie in it's NIT slumber.

Is it really the time to take digs at fellow Maryland fans? Nice. It's great for you that you don't care anymore, but there are those of us who still do. Why pile on?

Is saying that this team is likely to make another trip to the NIT with the current Gary team really taking a dig at fellow Maryland fans?

I would have been happy had he made it because we'd had won, but don't you find it a little discouraging that we always seem to find a way to blow double digit leads?

Sure, but at least I'd be consistent in my annoyance :D

This ending definitely sucked. Vasquez should not be the guy taking that shot. If this was Hoosiers, Vasquez is Jimmy Chitwood and I'm Norman Dale, and he's saying "I'll make it," I'm smacking him in the head, saying "STFU", and running the play through Shooter.

It's not piling on. I'm a huge Maryland fan but this program has given me nothing to look forward to. I've been the same way for years now and although I try to stay away, it just so happened that I watched the second half and saw the same old product. No inside presence, no one to step up and take over, no change in the defensive pressure, and no way to stop the one guy who's hot. Just change the names and over the last two seasons this has been way too common place for what should be an elite program.

I'll go now though. I've said my peace.

Before I go, and just to prove I'm not a basher, I will say that Adrian Bowie is very quick and should have a nice career. He's a good looking player. Him along with Vasquez are two good players surrounded by a whole lot of mediocre.

Glad you take so much pleasure in wanting to see a Maryland alum and Hall-of-Fame coach dumped.

I care more about the school and program than I do one individual. While he's done great things at Maryland, there comes a time when you have to look to the better of the institution.

Archived