36 pitchers are due to report to O's ST today

wildcard

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And then we get to hear from Roch how awful it is that he covers a baseball team for a living and has to go to Sarasota for 6 weeks.

It really is annoying.   Every year he has to give this shpiel.   We don’t care how hard you think you work, Roch!   Just go get some quotes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It really is annoying.   Every year he has to give this shpiel.   We don’t care how hard you think you work, Roch!   Just go get some quotes.

There's a big difference between staying at home and devoting an hour or less to your job each day and being away from home and expected to actually be at the ST complex for a certain amount of time each day.  LOL

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

You wouldn't last a week.  LOL.  His employer requires that all articles are sunshine and lollipops.

You beat me to it hahaha... I would pay to see a SG write up after a horrific loss. 

I mean, we pretty much get them here, I guess. But on "official" team letterhead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

On the first day of workouts, they used to say, “the ball looked good coming out of his hand.”

Now they say, “the ball came out of his hand at a 2350 RPM spin rate and a 37 degree angle of rotation.”   

And yet they're talking about the same thing.  Ironic.

And so it begins MLB-wide.

Or maybe just the charade because the Clubs like selling tickets for 30-ish extra games, and the Proven Veterans have to have some kind of note from their Mom why they aren't wasting bullets.     I somehow think deGrom will take his Turn 2 in game 5 or 6 against us before the home opener.     Adley and Gunnar can measure themselves in the wildcard race early.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Would gladly trade places with him.  That would be an awesome gig.

In his defense, the traffic down there really, really sucks during this time of year. Now, Sarasota weather in February and March is pretty much perfect besides some rain showers, and yes, I used to love going down there during this time, but man travel anywhere near Tampa and Sarasota just absolutely sucks.  

Besides, I'm sure he's burnt out a bit after so many years of the same gig. Trust me, once the shine wears off, it's just work. Basically he's down there to collect the same old quotes from the same old manager, coaches and players that really don't mean much outside of injuries or truly fantastic or terrible performance. 

• Upvote 2