2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

I would have much rather Henderson sat against Cortes than Sears (right?? I mean if you know you're facing a bunch of lefties and you're picking and choosing spots for rookie to face them....???), but I do have to agree that defensively this is probably the best possible lineup. 

Agree on Henderson sitting yesterday instead of today, but I'm not going to nitpick this early in the season. Hoping the offense wakes up tonight after being quiet the past two games. Weather is going to heat up this week and interested to see how that effects ball hit into play at OPACY.

19 hours ago, interloper said:

I would have much rather Henderson sat against Cortes than Sears (right?? I mean if you know you're facing a bunch of lefties and you're picking and choosing spots for rookie to face them....???), but I do have to agree that defensively this is probably the best possible lineup. 

Yep, another head scratcher. Why start your rookie who has struggled against lefties against a guy who dominates lefties? 

20 hours ago, interloper said:

"Sig, what does the data say to do against a reverse splits guy?"

"Play the normal splits babyyyyyyy!"

Sig when programming his computer for lineups:

Against Left-handed pitcher:
RHB>LHB unless rookie LHB who struggles against LHP. 
No Stowers under any circumstances

• Haha 1

For those keeping score so far in the early going...

Santander, Mullins, Mountcastle and Rutchsman have started all 10 games thus far.  8 games at C for Adley, 2 at DH.  Mountcastle has started all 10 games at 1B.  Santander with 5 starts in the OF, 5 starts at DH.

Hays has appeared in all 10 games but only started 9.

Frazier has appeared in all 10 games but only started 8.

Gunnar has started 4 games at 3B, 2 at SS, and 2 at DH.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Since you have this 3 catcher nonsense right now, don’t you need to at least give Adley a full day off?

Adley could get a full day off if there were two catchers.   One has nothing to do with the other.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Since you have this 3 catcher nonsense right now, don’t you need to at least give Adley a full day off?

I thought the whole purpose of 3 catchers was because of 74 lefties in a row, it allows them to DH Adley to give him a day off while having Benbom as the backup so they wouldn't burn the DH if McCann has to come out of the game.

It's only for 4-5 days. What's the big deal?

• Upvote 1

Just now, spleen1015 said:

I thought the whole purpose of 3 catchers was because of 74 lefties in a row, it allows them to DH Adley to give him a day off while having Benbom as the backup so they wouldn't burn the DH if McCann has to come out of the game.

It's only for 4-5 days. What's the big deal?

Well, it’s horrible roster management.

That said, Adley does need real days off and you should take advantage of this poor management in that way.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Well, it’s horrible roster management.

That said, Adley does need real days off and you should take advantage of this poor management in that way.

I agree it's silly management. But the purpose of it is specifically to keep Adley in the lineup during this stretch. So... he's not going to get that full day off probably. 

17 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

For those keeping score so far in the early going...

Santander, Mullins, Mountcastle and Rutchsman have started all 10 games thus far.  8 games at C for Adley, 2 at DH.  Mountcastle has started all 10 games at 1B.  Santander with 5 starts in the OF, 5 starts at DH.

Hays has appeared in all 10 games but only started 9.

Frazier has appeared in all 10 games but only started 8.

Gunnar has started 4 games at 3B, 2 at SS, and 2 at DH.

I guess wildcard was right about Adley playing all 162.