How much of the WBC have you watched?

Frobby

How much of the WBC have you watched?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How much of the WBC have you watched?

• All or part of more than 3 gsmes
    • All or part of 2-3 games
    • All or part of 1 game
    • None yet, but I’ll watch some of the final
    • None, and I don’t plan to watch the final

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/23 at 21:37

Our schedule is so busy with my kids HS sports now that I didn't have much time to sit down and watch many games, but I tried to catch bits and pieces when I could.  Always love the energy that the Latin fans bring.  I liked in previous years where they had some of those games in Puerto Rico though.

No cable.  No streaming service.  HS baseball for one child, LL baseball for another, and various dance classes for 3 more...  I.e. no evening time even if I had some way to watch.

I have watched some highlights on Youtube.  I don't plan on it, but it's not out of a lack of desire.

I haven't watched any.  International competitions really never have greatly interested me,  be it the Olympics, World Cup or whatever.  I also don't have a current TV service so watching them would be more difficult than I care to go through right now.   I should have MLB.tv in week or so,  then I'll get all the baseball I want!

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Even my cold WBC heart was warmed watching the end of the USA-Japan game culminating with Ohtani vs Trout. 3-2, two out, and Ohtani throws the perfect slider for strike 3. Damn. That was fun.

In 6174 major league plate appearances, Mike Trout has had 24 at bats in which he swung and missed at 3 pitches like he did vs Ohtani last night.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

In 6174 major league plate appearances, Mike Trout has had 24 at bats in which he swung and missed at 3 pitches like he did vs Ohtani last night.

That is utterly insane! As good as Mike Trout is, I never would have guessed anything near that. 

It has been fantastic in general and only getting better as other countries generate more talent. I kind of wish they went to a short series format for the “playoff” rounds, but maybe that will come down the road when money gets real. It’s a great event. With over 60 million viewers in Japan last night it was likely the most watched baseball game in history.

10 hours ago, survivedc said:

It has been fantastic in general and only getting better as other countries generate more talent. I kind of wish they went to a short series format for the “playoff” rounds, but maybe that will come down the road when money gets real. It’s a great event. With over 60 million viewers in Japan last night it was likely the most watched baseball game in history.

I'll be honest, I like the one and done games once they get out of the pool play. It kinda evens up the odds because any team can beat any team on a given night. Plus, the "tournament style" of one and done is fun to watch.

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wow, that's pretty crazy.

As great as Trout is I don't think of him as being especially difficult to strike out, mostly because no one is in today's game.

Of course if he does have a weakness it is the same one pretty much everyone does, 100 MPH fastballs.

21 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'll be honest, I like the one and done games once they get out of the pool play. It kinda evens up the odds because any team can beat any team on a given night. Plus, the "tournament style" of one and done is fun to watch.

You’re absolutely right about that, and chances are the pitcher usage changes in a series format. I just want to watch more games!