Predicting 2023 Opening Day Lineup and Predictions (Edit: It's posted)

RVAOsFan

My guess:

1. Mullins (CF)
2. Rutschman (C)
3. Mountcastle (1B)
4. Santander (LF) Because of Fenway
5. Hays (RF)
6, Henderson (SS)
7. Urias (3B)
8. Stowers (DH) He struggled playing LF in Fenway last year and this defers to the vet on opening day in playing the field.
9. Frazier (2B)

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

My guess:

1. Mullins (CF)
2. Rutschman (C)
3. Mountcastle (1B)
5. Hays (RF)
6, Henderson (SS)
7. Urias (3B)
8. Stowers (DH) He struggled playing LF in Fenway last year and this defers to the vet on opening day in playing the field.
9. Frazier (2B)

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they give Henderson a good amount of SS time vs RHP. I kind of think they will just leave him at 3B most of the time, but this is definitely a better lineup than with Mateo in there. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they give Henderson a good amount of SS time vs RHP. I kind of think they will just leave him at 3B most of the time, but this is definitely a better lineup than with Mateo in there. 

Urias hits Kluber very well and we do know that Elias/Sig's computer likes matchups. I still think we are going to see a healthy amount of Mateo at SS. Now, I would not put it past the Orioles to start Mateo at AA, Urias at 2B and Frazier in LF, because afterall, this is a team that started Rio Ruiz in 2B with very limited experience there one season. 

This is also a team that benched Stowers in favor of Aguilar despite his great success against lefties in the minors. So honestly, I have very little faith they will put the lineup out there that I think is best. But then again, I actually like Stowers.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Urias hits Kluber very well and we do know that Elias/Sig's computer likes matchups. I still think we are going to see a healthy amount of Mateo at SS. Now, I would not put it past the Orioles to start Mateo at AA, Urias at 2B and Frazier in LF, because afterall, this is a team that started Rio Ruiz in 2B with very limited experience there one season. 

This is also a team that benched Stowers in favor of Aguilar despite his great success against lefties in the minors. So honestly, I have very little faith they will put the lineup out there that I think is best. But then again, I actually like Stowers.

Yeah, good points here. I definitely would not be surprised to see them start the year off with a lineup that absolutely melts down Orioles twitter lol. (i.e.: Frazier in the outfield somewhere, Stowers on the bench). 

Edited by interloper

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If Frazier starts in LF and Stowers is on the bench, I will literally shut down the Hangout.

HA! I really hope that is not the lineup they run out there but I believe that Hyde values Urias more than Stowers. That's my feeling on it, not that I agree or disagree with him. 

Personally, I think the upside is greater with Stowers and honestly I would like to see him learn 1B but I just think that those nine guys will be run out there today in some positional alignment. 

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

My guess:

1. Mullins (CF)
2. Rutschman (C)
3. Mountcastle (1B)
5. Hays (RF)
6, Henderson (SS)
7. Urias (3B)
9. Frazier (2B)

I think this makes more sense than my lineup but I really think that Hyde values Mateo's defense over the potential offense that he might get from Stowers. 

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

I think this makes more sense than my lineup but I really think that Hyde values Mateo's defense over the potential offense that he might get from Stowers. 

I'll be honest, I'm not sure Hyde has a ton to do with the lineup except have input on guys health and tiredness. I think the lineups are more of what Sig's computer spits out. Either that, or they let the oldest guy on the team write out the lineups which would explain how Aguilar started last September! :D

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I'll be honest, I'm not sure Hyde has a ton to do with the lineup except have input on guys health and tiredness. I think the lineups are more of what Sig's computer spits out. Either that, or they let the oldest guy on the team write out the lineups which would explain how Aguilar started last September! :D

My understanding is the front office provides thoughts and suggestions but it’s Hyde’s decision because he knows more about how players are feeling, who’s banged up, etc.  Elias said as much in an interview last year.  

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If its been post I haven't seen it yet. I'm going out on a limb and put Vavra at DH. 

Mullins CF

Adley C

Santander RF

Mouncastle 1B

Gunnar SS

Hays LF

Vavra DH

Urias 3B

Frazier 2B

Anything involving Vavra in the lineup gets an upvote from me. I absolutely love the player. I think he has the potential to be Brian Roberts with less speed. Will he hit 15 home runs, no, but Roberts shouldn't have either lol if you know what I'm saying. 

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My understanding is the front office provides thoughts and suggestions but it’s Hyde’s decision because he knows more about how players are feeling, who’s banged up, etc.  Elias said as much in an interview last year.  

So his bosses provide "input" and then he makes the final decision? I can buy that, but that really is the same thing. He's going to go with that lineup "input" unless someone is banged up, tired, or sick.