Have The O's Reached Out To Angel Reese To Throw Out The First Pitch For The Home Opener?

ORIOLE33

12 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Probably because he didn't want to be booed.

I'm sure there will be some boos for Moore as well, pretty much every politician gets booed by some subset of the crowd when they throw out the first pitch.

Do you really think the Orioles wouldn't let the Governor throw out the first pitch if he was interested?

Booed? He had a 70% approval rating, which was one of, if not the highest, % in the country.

And it’s not that they wouldn’t let him..the question is, did they ask him?

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I of course don't live in Maryland and haven't for some time.

Why would Governor Hogan have been booed?

He left office with a 77% approval rating.

That seems like an amazingly high number.

All politicians get booed and Hogan had a very antagonistic relationship with the city of Baltimore, which almost certainly helped his overall approval ratings, but would probable be a liability among the crowd attending an Orioles game.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

All politicians get booed and Hogan had a very antagonistic relationship with the city of Baltimore, which almost certainly helped his overall approval ratings, but would probable be a liability among the crowd attending an Orioles game.

Most of the people attending the game don’t live in the city.

On top of that, I doubt he is some thin skinned guy that he couldn’t take it. He knows the game.

Edited by Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Booed? He had a 70% approval rating, which was one of, if not the highest, % in the country.

And it’s not that they wouldn’t let him..the question is, did they ask him?

Given that he appeared on the field and attended multiple Orioles games, I would be extremely surprised if they didn't, but I have no idea.

There is minimal upside to throwing out the first pitch as a politician, especially one that has ambitions beyond their current office. If you make a good throw you are still going to get booed by some people and if you make a bad throw, it will turn into a GIF that will follow you around. Remember Obama throwing out the first pitch?

Bush's post- 9/11 first pitch is probably the only first pitch that was a net-positive for the politician in question.

Edited by MurphDogg

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Given that he appeared on the field and attended multiple Orioles games, I would be extremely surprised if they didn't, but I have no idea.

There is minimal upside to throwing out the first pitch as a politician, especially one that has ambitions beyond their current office. If you make a good throw you are still going to get booed by some people and if you make a bad throw, it will turn into a GIF that will follow you around. Remember Obama throwing out the first pitch?

Bush's post- 9/11 first pitch is probably the only first pitch that was a net-positive for the politician in question.

No.

Did he hit DJ Stewart in the head or something?

All of this is window dressing.

He appeared at many local sporting events. He “put himself out there” a lot. He was a big sports fan and popular Governor. While it’s possible they asked him and he couldn’t do to other engagements, the bottom line is he never did it and yet JA made sure Moore did it immediately.

I think it’s pretty obvious why that fits his agenda.  It’s not very difficult to connect those dots.

And btw, I have no issue with Moore doing it. He’s the governor of the state and is helping with keeping the team here. He is a deserving candidate for this.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

No.

Did he hit DJ Stewart in the head or something?

Not at Camden Yards, but he had a couple lousy first pitches, one at the All-Star game in St. Louis and one at Nats Park.

It is a tough gig because you don't have any opportunity to warm up. The first time he made the rookie mistake of not wearing a glove. The second time he did wear a glove and the pitch was still lousy.

He was their at the game last year  He had a decent relationship with the Orioles  He signed the $1 2 billion in funding. The Commanders not so much. He said no money for Fed Ex field. He also had a club box to bring clients,prospective clients,etc .

You do know Governor Moore threw out a first pitch in Sarasota this year? They have tied their fortunes somewhat to each other. We shall see how it goes. Nothing unusual about that as politicians from all political spectrums have relationships with rich business owners.

Gov. Larry Hogan shares social media posts mingling, drinking with Orioles fans ahead of home opener
https://www.wmar2news.com/news/local-news/gov-larry-hogan-shares-social-media-posts-mingling-drinking-with-orioles-fans-ahead-of-home-opener

To bring the discussion back on topic, I fully expect Reese to throw out the first pitch as soon as her schedule allows, even though she transferred from Maryland.

It is odd how many players transfer from Brenda Freese's program. Would seem to be a red flag, but she always ends up with a good team so it seems to work out for everyone.

4 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

To bring the discussion back on topic, I fully expect Reese to throw out the first pitch as soon as her schedule allows, even though she transferred from Maryland.

It is odd how many players transfer from Brenda Freese's program. Would seem to be a red flag, but she always ends up with a good team so it seems to work out for everyone.

I think Brenda Freese and maybe Diamond Miller would throw out the first pitch before Ms. Reese. First time in the Elite Eight in a few years.

13 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

So the Governor, who was here for 8 years and went through and beat cancer didn’t throw out the first pitch but the new Gov is?

Gee, I wonder why?

Did Hogan help get the funding for the stadium authority? I'll make sure to boo Moore tomorrow, dude is a clown. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I think Brenda Freese and maybe Diamond Miller would throw out the first pitch before Ms. Reese. First time in the Elite Eight in a few years.

Freese has thrown out the first pitch before. I definitely could see all as getting invites, along with Kevin Willard who hasn't yet. There are lots of games and plenty of local success to celebrate.

Edited by MurphDogg
  • Like 1

Freese has thrown out the first pitch before. I definitely could see all as getting invites, along with Kevin Willard who hasn't yet. There are lots of games and plenty of local success to celebrate.

Yes and not all sports stars. Have heard Cot. Wiseman ,a Baltimore County native who will command the flight around the moon next year has been asked.