The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

After three nice weekday crowds for the Dodgers series, attendance through 50 home games stands at 1,071,476, which is up 26.8% from last year, putting them on pace for about 1.735 mm for the year.  Frankly, I think they have a good chance to beat that, with a good playoff race looming for August and September.  

Could we get to 2 million.   It would be an average of about 30k the rest of the way.  That seems a bit tough but looking at it.  Yankee series is up next which I think should get over 100k for the three game series if weather is good.  Then Mets in town and again 100k for that series is not out of the question.   The only two series I see that might not draw well would be the Rockies and White Sox series when school heads back.  The rest of the series’s I could see 30k+ average.  

5 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Could we get to 2 million.   It would be an average of about 30k the rest of the way.  That seems a bit tough but looking at it.  Yankee series is up next which I think should get over 100k for the three game series if weather is good.  Then Mets in town and again 100k for that series is not out of the question.   The only two series I see that might not draw well would be the Rockies and White Sox series when school heads back.  The rest of the series’s I could see 30k+ average.  

I don’t think there’s any way they get to 2 mm.  They can probably average over 30 k on the weekends, but the weekday series are much tougher.  

• 2 weeks later...

34,558 for the series opener with the Yankees.   It looked to me like virtually everyone with a ticket waited out that rain delay and stuck it out to the end.  And they were rewarded with one hell of a game!   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Saw a notice for an orioles hiring event on august 1st.

it was labeled as for the postseason push, which makes me wonder if they’re planning on trying to open the left field upper deck, at least for select games. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned in another thread, but the Orioles have announced a sellout tonight.

The O's will leapfrog the Nats in season attendance this weekend. For those that are keeping track, the Orioles haven't outdrawn the Nats since 2009. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, seak05 said:

Saw a notice for an orioles hiring event on august 1st.

it was labeled as for the postseason push, which makes me wonder if they’re planning on trying to open the left field upper deck, at least for select games. 

They need to open the stadium 2 hours earlier for all games. It’s ridiculous. 

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

This, and do something to secure parking for fans. There's never any passes available to purchase ahead of time.

It was nice when there was a period of time when people would filter into the park over the course of 2 hours compared to one. Couple of times this year I was going to go to team store and said the heck with it. I don’t feel like waiting in a line forever. 

It congests everything and except for Saturday’s you can no longer see batting practice. It was nice when the crowd flow was spread out. 

One more thing. They also rarely open up that many gates to leave the stadium except a handful. You have a mass amount of people exiting the same gates. I honestly am a bit surprised someone hasn’t considered this a safety hazard. 

On 7/19/2023 at 9:52 PM, Frobby said:

I don’t think there’s any way they get to 2 mm.  They can probably average over 30 k on the weekends, but the weekday series are much tougher.  

I would surmise that these are also less heavily promoted seats as well as an increase in the premium>discount mix versus previous years.  In other words most tickets sold are more profitable than their YOY comps.    

39 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

This, and do something to secure parking for fans. There's never any passes available to purchase ahead of time.

There is tons of parking. There are several garages in the area, plus ravens lot A, all of which can be reserved ahead of time. Or just take the light rail (if it’s not a Sunday) 

16 hours ago, eddie83 said:

They need to open the stadium 2 hours earlier for all games. It’s ridiculous. 

The Yankee series will and have had gate openings 2 hours before game time. Supposedly also will do it with the Mets series. But maybe will change when the Met fans try to sell all their tickets  

Edited by Going Underground