Praising Hyde Thread 2023

Aristotelian

4 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Maybe I'm obsessed with pages but does anyone else find it sort of funny that there are 10 times as many pages second guessing Hyde as praising him? I guess we are 60 -38 in spite of Hyde? 

Usually there isn't even a thread for positive comments. I decided to make one this year and try to bump it as often as I can.

• Upvote 3

Hyde's pitching changes are as predictable as sunrise.  I guess he's doing OK as he has the most wins in the AL and running ahead of hypotenuse projections.  (May we never revert to the means)

The guy we're facing today had his last win against us.  However, his last start against Texas was solid.  

I think the only way you see the Mountain is if we're clinging to one run in the 9th.  My guess would be Irvin as the first reliever up, then Baker and close with Bauman.  

9 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Maybe I'm obsessed with pages but does anyone else find it sort of funny that there are 10 times as many pages second guessing Hyde as praising him? I guess we are 60 -38 in spite of Hyde? 

Here at the Hickory barbershop, all is known.  Now, if he only get Jimmy Chitwood to play.  

2 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Hyde's pitching changes are as predictable as sunrise.  I guess he's doing OK as he has the most wins in the AL and running ahead of hypotenuse projections.  (May we never revert to the means)

The guy we're facing today had his last win against us.  However, his last start against Texas was solid.  

I think the only way you see the Mountain is if we're clinging to one run in the 9th.  My guess would be Irvin as the first reliever up, then Baker and close with Bauman.  

I think he didn't bring Cano back for the 8th so that he could have him available today if it's close. The three you mentioned all need work though. 

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I think he didn't bring Cano back for the 8th so that he could have him available today if it's close. The three you mentioned all need work though. 

Or did he want to evaluate Climb Mount Fuji under pressure.  I think Hyde would really like to have Cano and Bautista fresh for Philly.  But if it's a one run game in the 8th, all bets are off.  

10 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Or did he want to evaluate Climb Mount Fuji under pressure.  I think Hyde would really like to have Cano and Bautista fresh for Philly.  But if it's a one run game in the 8th, all bets are off.  

May have been a both/and situation. Glad Cano pitched well and it all worked out. 

10 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Usually there isn't even a thread for positive comments. I decided to make one this year and try to bump it as often as I can.

A huge thanks for this.

The results speak for themselves, and Hyde is a huge part of the success of this team.  Many second-guessers are proven wrong again and again in the long run.  The formula is seemingly working, the "kids" will get more comfortable being part of the team regardless of playing time, and they will contribute in the end.  There is a process playing out, and so far, I'm liking the results for the team overall.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2023 at 8:48 AM, Too Tall said:

Apparently so. The din of the deniers only deepens as the number of wins above .500 climbs, esp. on the game threads. It's useless to argue with them; during my nearly two decades on the Hangout, I've never had to put so many names on the Ignore list as I do now.

Admit it or not, Hyde has been making Weaver-quality moves with a constantly adapting roster. Go O's!

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Apparently so. The din of the deniers seems to grow deeper as the number of wins above .500 keeps climbing, especially on the game threads. It's useless to argue with them; in my many years on the Hangout, I've never had to put so many names on the Ignore list as I do now.

Admit it or not, Hyde has been making Weaver-quality moves with a constantly adapting roster. Go O's!

The game threads are pure entertainment!!  Someone ( I am too lazy) should just pull all the negative comments into one long quote at the end of the game.  Combine them with some of the comments from the daily lineup.  (McCann and Mateo in the lineup, "Bad Management") for example.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LA2 said:

Apparently so. The din of the deniers only deepens as the number of wins above .500 climbs, esp. on the game threads. It's useless to argue with them; during my nearly two decades on the Hangout, I've never had to put so many names on the Ignore list as I do now.

The game threads are so emotional that I only visit a game thread about once a month to read about a specific play that I didn't see. The game threads are definitely not for everyone. I'm too tight while watching a game to even read a game thread must less participate in one. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

The game threads are so emotional that I only visit a game thread about once a month to read about a specific play that I didn't see. The game threads are definitely not for everyone. I'm too tight while watching a game to even read a game thread must less participate in one. 

That's a mature approach--thanks