Wednesday, May 10: Rubber match vs the first place Rays

SteveA

That section is now mostly sold out for this weekends series. Just another reminder that just because *you* aren't interested in something, doesn't mean you can dictate what other people are interested in. 

Personally, I remember Elrod tossing out wet towels to that section on hot days. 

11 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Mateo is the new Mark Belanger.

I think the 2023 organization has better options, that's all.

If Mateo could carry a .720 OPS or so I wouldn't even consider it. I realize Mateo is pretty good and I also realize the team is pretty good. I am definitely nitpicking.... and it could be that Elias has tried to move him for pitching and nobody was buying his blazing hot start. 

I just think we have an organizational surplus of *talented* middle infielders. I think Joey Ortiz may be able to provide equivalent performance. So why not use Mateo in a package to upgrade the pitching staff? 

Again, it's nitpicking. Mateo is what he is, an excellent defender and a middling offensive player who can't identify breaking pitches. 

• Upvote 1