Wednesday, May 10: Rubber match vs the first place Rays

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Seems like we have a decent number of prospects that are stick over glove. Maybe they should look at a Mansolino type guy to work through the minors. Norby, Kjerstad, Mayo, maybe Holliday. Mayo has been in the system for 4 years and I don’t believe Kjerstad is any better defensively since we drafted him.
    • I would think we will move them around to face teams that don't match up well vs LHP. 
    • The differences are Miami, Miami, Detroit and Cleveland.  I don’t know the difference in methodology.  
    • No, I don’t mean to sound like I think it’s gone for good but he just looks really bad. About as bad as I’ve ever seen him look. I’m confident he will get it ironed out. 
    • By big money I mean in player contracts, not necessarily the team payroll. Will they invest 400M plus for Henderson? I highly doubt it. That is what I'm referencing when I say paying big money.  I think the payroll will be respectable, but probably different faces than we're used to seeing.
    • That was always the rumor.  When he came up he got the big number unlike Westburg who got a normal number. 
    • I bet if we open a new thread defining "big money" we would have quite a range of acceptable cash required for happy payroll fans. I think signing Gunnar is something a majority of O's fans here and elsewhere are hoping for, but it still may be the minimum for a lot of people. The original point is solid, it isn't going to take a whole lot for people to change their minds about DR and turn on him and the ownership group if too many of our key players get a away. I also think a lot of fans are expecting Yankee budgets or worse, Dodger insane big money. It would be an interesting poll. My guess is a slight Hangout majority of 'big money' numbers would land somewhere in the middle of the MLB pack.  My expectations are St. Louis Cardinals budget for our Birds (Fangraphs has Baltimore at 97 million estimated 2024, and St. Louis at 181 million 2024).  Big money for me, is an 84 million dollar bump in payroll over the next several years.
  • Popular Contributors