Should we call up Westburg or Ortiz and shuttle Henderson back down?

DocJJ

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

No.  

He's having good at-bats and showing improvement in the field.

People tend to forget that fielding can slump too. I’m sure the throws were a bit in his head. Seems like every throw the last week or so has been perfect.

• Upvote 1

Uh no … Ain’t happening. I don’t understand why people can’t accept that most prospects, even the uber talented, top-tier ones struggle out of the gate. (Gunnar, Grayson, Adley, JRod, Witt Jr, just to name a few)

What gives anybody the expectation that the much less talented prospects won’t struggle to acclimate as well?

And let’s say that you send Gunnar down and then replaces him with one of the guys mentioned, what’s the plan if that player struggles (like they most probably will)?

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Uh no … Ain’t happening. I don’t understand why people can’t accept that most prospects, even the uber talented, top-tier ones struggle out of the gate. (Gunnar, Grayson, Adley, JRod, Witt Jr, just to name a few)

What gives anybody the expectation that the much less talented prospects won’t struggle to acclimate as well?

And let’s say that you send Gunnar down and then replaces him with one of the guys mentioned, what’s the plan if that player struggles (like they most probably will)?

Call up Jackson!

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Sorry, you don't make these moves on a team that is 24-13, and Henderson has the 4th best OBP (.344) on the team

Gunnar has one of the best batting eyes on the team even if it hasn't translated into a good batting average yet. If Gunnar's OBP starts to slip then maybe it's time to consider sending him down to work on his swing.

Plus as others mentioned Gunnar's defense has been good.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

People tend to forget that fielding can slump too. I’m sure the throws were a bit in his head. Seems like every throw the last week or so has been perfect.

He's looked better.  So long as he's improving you don't even consider it.

7 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

From A+?? 

It seems that you like to drop sarcastic one-liners frequently. So, I guess that I will assume that this is par for the course? 

They also like rushing prospects and developing on the fly at the major league level, so it can be hard to tell.