Message for Tony Oh - I feel deeply aggrieved for 1 point ban imposed by Legend of Joey

Chelsea_Phil

I remember when I posted here more and took my rep very seriously.  Those downvotes hurt.

Now I'm old and tired and stupid and I don't care about anything anymore.  I loved Lew Ford and think he's the best Oriole of all time.  There I said it.  Go ahead and destroy me you nerds.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

I remember when I posted here more and took my rep very seriously.  Those downvotes hurt.

Now I'm old and tired and stupid and I don't care about anything anymore.  I loved Lew Ford and think he's the best Oriole of all time.  There I said it.  Go ahead and destroy me you nerds.

Not wee willie keeler?

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

BOOZE was magnificent. I would start laughing at his posts before I even read them. Just seeing his handle in all caps was sufficient.

I def miss Weams. Still have his text from when my 4 year old was about to arrive quoting the Godfather. “May your first child be a masculine child.” 

Fondly remember playing golf with @bobmc and scOtt at Glade Valley. Wasn’t on my game that day but boy we had a good time.

Countless back and forths with so many different personalities, some contentious, some rewarding. 

Then the whole Teixeira fiasco… HE WAS IN THE OWNER’S BOX, PEOPLE!!!!!

How many pages was that Teixeira thread?  It might’ve reached 1000. 

The Teixeira fiasco was how I first discovered OH.  I lurked for a couple years before creating an account. 

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

That sounds like a joke I’m too young to get 😉

When I lived in Valencia I had a flat on a major 4 lane circle with 11 entry points and a 4 lane major Avinguda running through the middle.  Interesting fact about Valencia (in early 2000s) was there were 1 million parking spots in the city and 2 million cars.  It was perfectly acceptable to park your car just about anywhere.  You were even allowed to  double parallel park cars in (two rows of parallel parked cars) so long as you left your car in neutral and the parking break off.  People would double park two rows around the entire circle.  Right around 4-5ish every afternoon as people went home from work, there would invariably be random cars parked one lane off the sidewalk acting as a little island as traffic flowed around it.  There wasn’t one week that went by that there was a fairly major accident.  We had chairs set up at our window and would drink beers watching cars slam in to each other.  Sometimes circles don’t work, but I’m still a big fan. 

8738F285-9538-4C23-98D9-5DD057093F19.png

5 hours ago, Gurgi said:

I dont know what your talking about........this post you refer to is just a rumor.  

You’re probably sick of even being reminded about it, but it was one of the most funniest things I’ve ever read.   And Weams (who would PM with anyone) and I would PM each other about that thread when it was bumped.   He loved it too. 

Man this thread has been a walk down memory lane.  

I’ve been here so long I’ve met quite a few posters in person.  Always good people.  

Edited by murph
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

I am also a member of a tennis forum, whereby a thread like this will be put in the “ruins” section.

I suppose I reached legendary status for making this thread, For good or bad.

You play I assume?   I was almost a 4.0 club player back in the day.   Almost…

And thanks for starting this…..well what is this exactly?   But thanks!

1 hour ago, murph said:

You’re probably sick of even being reminded about it, but it was one of the most funniest things I’ve ever read.   And Weams (who would PM with anyone) and I would PM each other about that thread when it was bumped.   He loved it too. 

Man this thread has been a walk down memory lane.  

I’ve been here so long I’ve met quite a few posters in person.  Always good people.  

Its funny that my most popular post ever was some weird Ambien and Xanax influenced dream state.  I think the poster who made the pictures really made the thread.  I couldnt believe it when he had the picture of Adam Jones in a Judge outfit and the beers and everything.  

The author of this opening thread is likely to famous for this post as well.  He created unintended farce.  And for that I toast him......well done!

• Upvote 2