Message for Tony Oh - I feel deeply aggrieved for 1 point ban imposed by Legend of Joey

Chelsea_Phil

This board is such a throwback (in a good way). Most sites now are impersonal/anonymous and reward the low-hanging jokes. Not OH 😆. I remember reading OH in the mid-2000s as a kid and being too intimidated to post because of all of the big personalities and high-effort posts.

About the downvote, I think it's easily confused. Reddit is probably the most visible site with that feature. There, it isn't flagging the post as offensive, it's more like, "I don't like the sentiment of this and will use my say in the hive mind to vote against it." But there's a reason why most sites exclusively have the like feature but not dislike/downvote: people feel insulted by it. I certainly think it's plausible that there are people here who are using the downvote as disagreement and not a rebuke.

I encourage people who have been posting here for awhile to remember that the norms of the internet today are different than when OH was created. I appreciate that people here are willing to talk these things through in DMs.

Just now, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I actually think I insulted OldFan in some way but I can't remember why I would've.  I'm pretty positive I deserved the infraction lol.  I always liked Greg even after that.  

Hey, I got banned for a year for saying stuff to atomic in a not nice way and was actually defending either the site or Tony. Sometimes, some people are just worth it.  I can see how you could have had a similar situation happen to you there.  :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

This board is such a throwback (in a good way). Most sites now are impersonal/anonymous and reward the low-hanging jokes. Not OH 😆. I remember reading OH in the mid-2000s as a kid and being too intimidated to post because of all of the big personalities and high-effort posts.

I remember first posting here.  @DrungoHazewood intimidated the **** out of me.  

No, I am not joking when I say that.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I had oldfan on /ignore

My favorite OH move was sponsoring the Nick Markakis baseball reference page for like 100 bucks a year.  Except on the dedication page I said that I was OldFan on the Orioles Hangout and that he was my favorite player.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I remember first posting here.  @DrungoHazewood intimidated the **** out of me.  

No, I am not joking when I say that.

My favorite OH move was sponsoring the Nick Markakis baseball reference page for like 100 bucks a year.  Except on the dedication page I said that I was OldFan on the Orioles Hangout and that he was my favorite player.  

Gold glove caliber 

• Haha 1