Grayson needs to move to the pen

Mr-splash

1 hour ago, Winter said:

one thing is certain he is NOT going to be helping this team this year, at best he might make a couple starts in September but i dont see it. 

Eh, if he pulls it back together at Norfolk, he could still be pretty useful in a 2014 Kevin Gausman type role in September. 

18 minutes ago, survivedc said:

His next start would be against Cleveland, then you could maybe get creative and hold him until KC with two off days. I’d give him those two chances.

I agree. The O's have won 7 of his 10 starts. Some, including this one were terrible, but he has shown flashes and could find it soon too.

If his next 2 starts look like tonight, then it's time to go back AAA

I could see them going either way on this. He could be in Norfolk tomorrow or get a couple more chances to right the ship. 

That’s four huge blowups in 10 games. The other six starts have been ok to good but even in the good starts it often feels to me he’s barely hanging on. 

In the end when you look at his numbers without factoring in his prospect pedigree it’s pretty damning. I’d probably lean towards sending him down tomorrow for a bullpen arm for a few days, then call up Irvin to start next week. 

7 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

I could see them going either way on this. He could be in Norfolk tomorrow or get a couple more chances to right the ship. 

That’s four huge blowups in 10 games. The other six starts have been ok to good but even in the good starts it often feels to me he’s barely hanging on. 

In the end when you look at his numbers without factoring in his prospect pedigree it’s pretty damning. I’d probably lean towards sending him down tomorrow for a bullpen arm for a few days, then call up Irvin to start next week. 

The only reason he wasnt sent down my now is because of prospect ranking.

9 hours ago, deward said:

Eh, if he pulls it back together at Norfolk, he could still be pretty useful in a 2014 Kevin Gausman type role in September. 

He may have been tapered to that role even if his ERA was not in the bad year Jordan Lyles zone.

Cleveland at the close of these 6 games isn't a very strong offense, if they let him have the turn.