Saturday, May 27: Ryan Mountcastle Bobblehead day vs Rangers

SteveA

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Unless of course you think that by merit somehow 90% of the best sports play by play announcers out there are white men. And they have some genetic superiority that makes them especially good at it. 

Is there a huge amount of non white men trying to become sports pbp announcers?  Weird argument. 

7 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Here is the reality of the world: everyone gets hired for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes one of the reasons someone gets hired is in part because they are female. Almost no one only gets hired for one reason.

And 

Many many many white men get hired in part because they are white men. More than any other group gets hired because of their race/sex. Sorry that reality doesn’t jive with your world view. 

It's ok for us to agree to disagree. 

I believe there is plenty of unfairness in hiring. I have a very broad set of experiences that tells me that the world is unfair, but sitting around blaming others and forcing "fairness" is a great way to just continue to foster an environment of unfairness. 

But anyways. This game sucks! :D

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Surprised Hyde didn't play middle guys back and go for a double play. Does playing the infield in EVER work?

Kremer wasn't even at 100 pitches. I might have left him in for one more batter even though it was Siemien.

Baker has been terrible w inherited runners

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Is there a huge amount of non white men trying to become sports pbp announcers?  Weird argument. 

I listened to one of the Apple TV games last year, Cliff Floyd was color commentator and it was awful.

Just now, Alasdaire said:

Mateo with a baserunning error and borderline error today. Those are anomalies for him, but you begin to wonder how much longer you can justify running him out there everyday.

I thought the "baserunning error" was an attempted steal of third in the front end of a double still.

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Baker is a gas fire right now. 

The weird thing is Baker was bad last May too. There's something about May for Baker that he doesn't like. He turned it around pretty go in June of last year so just a little more to go hopefully.