Saturday, May 27: Ryan Mountcastle Bobblehead day vs Rangers

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's ok for us to agree to disagree. 

I believe there is plenty of unfairness in hiring. I have a very broad set of experiences that tells me that the world is unfair, but sitting around blaming others and forcing "fairness" is a great way to just continue to foster an environment of unfairness. 

But anyways. This game sucks! :D

I think the issue is if you admit things are unfair in favor of one group, how do you address that? Or do you just continue to let it be unfair in the same way it’s always been, without even bothering to try to level the field a bit? 

I think the only weird argument though is the people here who seem to think that only white men want to call sports. Like what 😂😂😂

But hey maybe Hays will spark the late inning turnaround 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Baker is a guy that I don't like. I can't blame the red hair because when I had hair it was red also. 

I miss my hair as well, but glad that I have a nice beard! I would seriously trade the hair on my head for a nice beard. 

Just now, baltfan said:

Intimidating scowl and the voice of a mouse.  Such an odd juxtaposition. 

Haha, I do remember hearing his voice. Imagine having that voice yelling, "Get off my plate" after drilling you with a 95 MPH fastball. :D

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The weird thing is Baker was bad last May too. There's something about May for Baker that he doesn't like. He turned it around pretty go in June of last year so just a little more to go hopefully.

Yeah, 4.32 ERA this year in May, 6.17 ERA last year in May.  He finished 3.49 ERA last year, and is 3.09 ERA so far.  I'm not down on him, he'll be better soon.  Just right now it's frustrating to watch.

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

I think the issue is if you admit things are unfair in favor of one group, how do you address that? Or do you just continue to let it be unfair in the same way it’s always been, without even bothering to try to level the field a bit? 

I think the only weird argument though is the people here who seem to think that only white men want to call sports. Like what 😂😂😂

But hey maybe Hays will spark the late inning turnaround 

There's no reason at all to hate on ANY race of people. There's just the human race and that's it. ✝️✝️✝️

2 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

I miss my hair as well, but glad that I have a nice beard! I would seriously trade the hair on my head for a nice beard. 

My beard is prematurely white, but I keep it groomed. Gives me a chance to get to the barber shop every few weeks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The only reason Ort is still on the 40 man roster is that they have not needed his spot yet.   And with 38 on the 40 man roster that may not be the reason he is DFA.   He will probably go to make room for Held, McGough or Richmond.
    • This is no big deal ….He has a right to have an opinion. I believe Holiday was called up too soon. I  also believe the front office was pressured by Hollidays father and agent. 
    • When he first came up, his slider was very mediocre and only really used as a get me over change of pace. Now it seems like a weapon. I wonder if he went to school with Professor Bradish for that.
    • Yeah, kinda why I asked the question. That seems real lofty for a comparison.
    • After a really disappointing April that saw his ERA balloon to 7.78, Alex Pham has found his bearings in May, allowing 3 ER in 14.1 IP, allowing 8 hits and 4 walks while striking out 17.   Yesterday Pham allowed a run on 2 hits and a walk in 4.2 innings, striking out 7.   53 of 72 pitches were strikes.  The sole run charged to Pham scored when reliever Kyle Virbitsky allowed a 2-out double to the first batter he faced after relieving Pham in the fifth.    Due to the poor start, Pham’s ERA still rests at an unimpressive 5.29, but he’s definitely been headed in the right direction.  Also, he’s struck out 40 batters in 34 innings.     
    • I can’t emphasize enough how stupid that rain delay was.  No rain at all for 45 minutes, then two hours of light mist, the kind that teams play through all the time.  I was standing near the kids play area during most of the delay and believe me, that rain didn’t deter any kids from using the playground equipment for two hours. Then, 15 minutes before the game is going to start, the grounds crew is watering the infield.  What? The game itself was not worth the wait, needless to say.   But what annoys me most is the complete lack of communication during these delays.  How about letting the fans who are there know what the thinking is about how long the delay will be?  How about an update every 30 minutes or so.   Nope, nothing.   Just a generic message on the scoreboard saying that the start of the game will be delayed to to the “threat” of inclement weather.   My phone was showing .05” of rain expected in the next six hours.  Some threat! On the bright side, the team did announce that ticket holders would be given vouchers that could be used for a Monday - Thursday game.  That was the least they could do.       
  • Popular Contributors