Memorial Day, May 29: Guardians come to town

SteveA

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Givens is cooked or still recovering from injury. I choose both. 

Yet his line looks better then Perez because his hard hit grounder turned into double play sometimes the ball finds hole’s sometimes it is hit at people.  

42 minutes ago, Winter said:

the team needs an offensive shake up

What are you going to change? The outfielders are doing OK or better at the plate. Rutschman is going to be in the lineup almost every day; he should have been in it today. You can make Mateo a backup. You can, and should, keep McCann out of the lineup when he's not catching. A bigger move would be to dump or reduce the role of Mountcastle or one of the outfielders, but I don't see that happenning.

This is a team of pretty good hitters (some of whom are very streaky or slump-prone) but no really elite hitters. (Adley or Gunnar may get there, but sure aren't there now.) I'm not sure who the Orioles' best hitter is, but I'll bet he's well below the level of every other good team's best hitter or two or three best hitters. I can't think of an exception, but there may be one.

So what are you going to shake up?