Which players do you think will improve or do worse than they’ve done to date?

Frobby

I’m just curious to see who people think will either improve or deteriorate significantly from here.

The following players are underperforming their xwOBA by .025 or more: McCann .087, Mountcastle .059, Vavra .047, Mateo .025.  The following are overperforming: O’Hearn .084, Mullins .043, Santander .029, McKenna .029, Urias .027.   All the other hitters with 50+ PA are close to their exoected xOBA.

On the pitching side, Gibson is .0.96 below his xERA, and Kremer is a whopping 1.33 below.  Both Bautista 1.37 and Cano .085 are significantly below too, though still very strong.  

None of that necessarily means players will improve or decline, I’m just throwing that information out there for consideration.  

I think between some regression to the mean + coming back from injury, unfortunately Cedric will be a good bet for worse performance than to date.

Would agree with the picks above ^. Would add Gunnar as someone who I think will surpass his performance to date, and O'Hearn to the worse category. Mountcastle as an obvious choice to the better category, though he'll need to be a lot better for it to be of much worth. 

Gibson I think will regress a bit too.

Better: Pérez, Grayson, Gunnar, Mountcastle

Worse: Cano, Hicks, O'Hearn, Mullins, Gibson

I expect a minor regression from Mullins and Hays, a moderate regression from Gibson, a moderate/severe regression from Cano (but hope I’m wrong), a moderate improvement for both Adley and Irvin (I think like Gunnar, Adley might decide soon to be less selective and more aggressive), and that Hicks might put together a decent “revenge” season if he can stay healthy.