Rank our top needs:

DocJJ

13 minutes ago, owknows said:

You realize that the Orioles have the 2nd best record in baseball with the staff they have, and three or four promotable arms in AAA... right?

Was there really a need to be condescending in your reply? I asked a simple question. And you trust trust those players to plug any holes they have in the starting rotation and bullpen this season? Because I don't. Gray-Rod already had a shot and failed, DL Hall is just starting transition from RP to SP and the bullpen arms are complete wildcards. If you want to count Hall as a lockdown RP, I'll give you that one, but it doesn't seem like they plan to use him in that role. 

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.  

I mean, he's kinda right though. Cano has given up 19 hits in his last 12.4 IPed with only 9 Ks in that time. And Hyde continues to run him out there like he's the same unhittable pitcher he was in May. Maybe he turns things around, but the more likely scenario is probably that the league has figured him out. 

15 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

I mean, he's kinda right though. Cano has given up 19 hits in his last 12.4 IPed with only 9 Ks in that time. And Hyde continues to run him out there like he's the same unhittable pitcher he was in May. Maybe he turns things around, but the more likely scenario is probably that the league has figured him out. 

I agree he’s likely to return to his historical performances.  Was having a chuckle with  @Malike  referencing his avatar.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So...um, we don't need starting pitching, right?

Our bullpen blew this game. Irvin wasn't great but Hyde would rather waste the bullpen guys in a loss than let Irvin eat some innings. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Middle relief won’t matter in the playoffs.

The Os have 3 needs..a starter, a back end reliever and another bat.  It’s possible that the “other bat” is already in the org.

They also have to be willing to go away from the vets who just aren’t quite good enough…or at the very least, take away a lot of their at bats.

Reliever (maybe more than one), then a starter, then a big bat (though maybe the bat could come from the minors). 

I'm not a believer that any of the minor league arms are really ready yet -- maybe unless the O's were to try Grayson as a reliever later in the year.  Cole Irvin has looked terrible, Grayson may be better as reliever (at the MLB level) until next year, and who knows if Means can give us anything this season.  

One idea -- maybe Westburg could come up to play 1B if Mounty is out for awhile and for when O'Hearn isn't there.  

2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Reliever (maybe more than one), then a starter, then a big bat (though maybe the bat could come from the minors). 

I'm not a believer that any of the minor league arms are really ready yet -- maybe unless the O's were to try Grayson as a reliever later in the year.  Cole Irvin has looked terrible, Grayson may be better as reliever (at the MLB level) until next year, and who knows if Means can give us anything this season.  

One idea -- maybe Westburg could come up to play 1B if Mounty is out for awhile and for when O'Hearn isn't there.  

If Hall and Grayson aren't ready who does that fall on?
First round picks, liked by industry sources, been in the system forever.  Why aren't they ready yet?

We know Elias has a bias toward drafting hitters, is he emphasizing hitting development?

4 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Our bullpen blew this game. Irvin wasn't great but Hyde would rather waste the bullpen guys in a loss than let Irvin eat some innings. 

I don't think Hyde thought he was wasting bullpen guys.  I think he expected them to keep us in the game.  But I think the bullpen is being a bit overused, plus whatever pitching depth we have in the minors (such as Reed Garrett) isn't ready yet.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If Hall and Grayson aren't ready who does that fall on?
First round picks, liked by industry sources, been in the system forever.  Why aren't they ready yet?

We know Elias has a bias toward drafting hitters, is he emphasizing hitting development?

All good questions amigo.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m all for GRod being a starter that will be added but I think another one will still be needed.  

SG if you could add an available SP at the deadline, who would you want and what would you be willing to give up?

Pitching and more pitching.

Kremer, Wells, Bradish have pitched well for us and hope they continue to but I would imaging their on some kinda innings limit. 

Gibson and Irving are the only two starters that have pitched more than 125 innings. And Irving just isn’t going to make it.