Mariners series

Just Regular

I remember growing up the announcers said occasionally the team was wearing such and such uniforms tonight because it was Earl's idea, or McGregor's idea, but I wonder with the monetizing if the players even get say in that anymore.

Here are the Active Roster K-BB ranks for the last two matchups...Bryce Miller I know is a fastball heavy guy.

(39) Kremer v. (19) Miller

(46) Irvin? v. (14) Kirby

ESPN has tomorrow undecided.    20 IP was minimum to gain Irvin visibility in field of AL length pitchers.

The present five SEA SP are all in the Top 20....if they get some Runs, they can still be a factor in this year's race.

Grayson has a LOT of work to do for any hope his '23 could resemble Kirby '22.     Last night Gilbert was about 50 ranks ahead of Gibson though they have similar ERA results so far this year.

Considering the baserunning blunders and blown save in a more or less evenly played game, I feel like we stole the game yesterday to set up the rubber match.

ESPN and B-Ref now have Bradish listed opposite Kirby for this afternoon, so Irvin I guess will wait for Votto and Elly.

Kirby and Gilbert have kind of been in actuality for SEA what I've hoped for with Hall and Grayson, though more story to come there.     Kirby is running circles around the league in Walk avoidance - just 6 in almost 90 innings, under 2%.

Last 30 Days, Bradish has been right there with him as a Top 15 AL Starter by K-BB, so a fun growth opportunity kind of matchup as we see if Bradish can stick with Top of Rotation types around the league.

• Upvote 1

Mariners are a very good team.   They came into the game with the exact same run differential on the year and the exact same Pythagorean record as the Orioles.   So they had been a bit unlucky.

They have great pitching, their hitting isn't quite what ours is.   But they look to me like a legitimate wildcard contender.    So winning this series is big.   Put a little more distance between us.   If we can win 2 of 3 from them in Seattle with August we would have the head to head playoff tiebreak, which could loom very large in our favor.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

The AL East simply does not lose .. Ysnkees, Os, Rays, Jays all kicking AL teams to the curb .. lol 

Helps when they're playing the likes of KC and OAK. TB actually lost two games to KC in that series, at home no less.

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Helps when they're playing the likes of KC and OAK. TB actually lost two games to KC in that series, at home no less.

And lost 2 to Oakland the week before .. as long as they are not playing the last place teams, they sweep lol 

36 minutes ago, LA2 said:

With our record now standing at 47-29, we cd play .500 ball (43-43) the rest of the way and still reach 90 wins. (That said, I'm sure we'll do better than that.)

Why are you sure?   Nothing much is sure in baseball.  I certainly hope that’s the case.