What does a trade for a TOR arm look like?

deward

4 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I don’t know what youngish/prime ace is out there to be traded for? Bieber maybe? Maybe Cease? Maybe Keller?

I don’t see the Marlins being will to part with Luzardo or Alcantara as they are in the thick of a wildcard chase.

That leaves Stroman, Eduardo Rodriguez, Snell, Giolito, and Montgomery as the rental not true ace kind of guys who will most probably be available.

I guess you could add Hendricks to this list. Am I a missing anyone else who could help? Maybe Cobb? But I don’t think SF see/will be sellers. No, I don’t think Lance Lynn can/will help us.

I would like to see what the price on Keller is.  He has 2 more years before free agency, so I'm guessing the price would be high. 

As far as people who are impressed by Ed Rod's ace like start to the year, he just came back from the IL and gave up 6 runs to Oakland.  I don't see him as anything but a middle of rotation starter. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Apparently Montgomery left tonight's Cards / White Sox game with an injury. So you may as well scratch him off your wish list. 

Reports saying it’s something with his hamstring… could go either way.

That’d be a tough break for the Cards, as Montgomery was on a bit of a heater and his price tag was definitely rising.

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re only 1 GB of TB in the loss column. Mclanahan is out for them. Maybe for the season. A trade for a SP has extra value with the division being in play. 

😱 I really need to start checking the injury report daily. That's huge. Mclanahan was the top candidate for the AL Cy Young award. That's a big blow to the Rays.

4 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I get a feeling we make a Sonny Gray type acquisition -someone slightly better than our best pitcher. Giving up someone below our top 5 and throwing in Prieto as a package.

This. I think too many fans sell our players short. We have players who are secondary to use but would be top tier in other organizations.

10 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I think the league should be real careful and watch something like this. There has to be some way for potential trade partners to get a clear picture of his health and avoid getting scammed.

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

This. I think too many fans sell our players short. We have players who are secondary to use but would be top tier in other organizations.

I think the league should be real careful and watch something like this. There has to be some way for potential trade partners to get a clear picture of his health and avoid getting scammed.

Deadline is in 3 weeks. The picture will be obvious and clear.

8 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would like to see what the price on Keller is.  He has 2 more years before free agency, so I'm guessing the price would be high. 

As far as people who are impressed by Ed Rod's ace like start to the year, he just came back from the IL and gave up 6 runs to Oakland.  I don't see him as anything but a middle of rotation starter. 

I like Keller a lot. It’s going to cost a lot to get him. Wells, Bradish, Kremer, Grayson, and Means, are all through next season. Who are you taking out of the rotation for Keller?  Is it worth it to have to trade Mayo, Bassalo, Povich, and Showalter for Keller?

Giolito would be a nice add. Could we get him for Norby and Showalter?  

In the category Granddaddy of them All, the Angels are 2-8 last 10 entering tonight's 1st Half finale for them at Dodger Stadium.

The controllable for any GM is to know who is available, and what the acquisition cost would be.

Financially, there is only ~ $10mm owed the last 2 months of the present contract, not the $500mm coming for 2024-2033 which is of course unsuitable for the market that we're in.     But I have seen us pay $10mm for a length pitcher, and $8mm for a bat, even as tight as money is these days.

So far the Angels actions have only been to bolster their 2023 roster, but those actions have also been mostly ineffective to date.

Giolito for Povich + McDermott

Giolito for Povich + Norby

Giolito for Povich + Showalter

It hurts, but it won’t break our system. This is also probably our formula going forward. Grab a rental SP each year, if need be, and that way ownership doesn’t have to spend $20+ million a year. Everyone wins.  

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 hour ago, zweem said:

OK- please don't shoot.

Mounty for our buddy Lopez now,

After the break- Stowers, Hays and , if necessary to clinch the deal, Urias for Ober.

Both deals agreed to now.

Is Stowers on a rehab assignment at Aberdeen?